Friday, 25 May 2012

In Sympathy

I always find it extremely hard when it comes to giving someone a sympathy card.  What should it say and what should it look like?  This morning I made this card for a very good friend, who just lost her mother-in-law.  I think the calla lilies off the Art Nouveau cartridge were quite appropriate.   Simple and not too floral - if you know what I mean.  I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder (from Paper Lace 2 companion set) to emboss the layer behind the flowers.



8 comments:

  1. I so love that Karon, you've taken the less is more and made it more. I have that cart but I never thought of using the lily in a sympathy card. Can't think why as I normally do think of them that way. I will be taking inspiration from you so hope you don't mind.
    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - its one of those things that you can't really say you enjoy making - but I'm glad you think its appropriate. x

      Delete
  2. I love this card. It is so elegant and is quite fitting for a sympathy card. You did a wonderful job on it! Thanks for showing it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - thank you Ian. And thank you so much for taking the time to come visit "The blog" :-)

      Delete
  3. This is very Appropiate. The lily's arre floral but not louD Your card is beautiful. Not bold but verrrrry elegant.

    thanks for an elegant 'scrapliftin idea'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby, and I'm glad you like it :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty and elegant card! Love the flowers :-) Great job!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - its one of those difficult ones isn't it - you don't want it to be too out there. If you know what I mean.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...