Monday, 28 May 2012

A little Art Nouveau

I have some birthdays coming up over the next few months, so I thought I would get ahead and start getting some cards ready.

This one is completely cut from the Art Nouveau cartridge.

The card base was made in Cricut Craft Room (CCR) by welding two of the arched shapes (from the Lily and shift Layer 2, page 25) together.  It was cut at 6" (height) by 4 3/4".

The next two layers were just the single arched shape cut at 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" and 5" by 3 3/4".

The daffodil (page 23) was cut at 4" , but I did narrow it a little (in CCR) to 3 3/4" to fit my card better:-)

I added several pop dots to the flower and also inked the edges to add definition.

Thanks for stopping by.



10 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Karon, can I ask do you ever sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much.

      Hee Hee - my problem was I was sleeping too much P, I have a B12 dificiency, as well as low iron. So by crafting (and taking extra vits) I now find that it keeps me occupied and therefore don't feel like curling up on the sofa at every opportunity LOL.

      Delete
  2. I have got to use this cartridge more!! Love your card, friend!

    PinkE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I love this cart too - keep tuned:-)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! That cartridge has a lot of surprises on it I think! I love that you welded the arch to make a shaped card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia - I thought I would try and use my carts and see if I could make the complete card from just the one cartridge. This one worked:-)

      Delete
    2. You really did a wonderful job on this card Karon...the shape, colors and sentiment are perfect! Kathie

      Delete
    3. Kathie thank you once again - I also would like to say what an amazing blog you have. TFS and TFL :-)

      Delete
  4. Another gorgeous card!! Love the colors and the flowers are stunning! Great job!!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I just love this cart there is so much on there we can use. TFL

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...