Thursday, 31 May 2012

A little Cricut Craft Room Basics

Todays instalment is using the free Cricut Craft Room Basics images.

I had a request to do some male cards, I always find these the most difficult as you can't really add any frills :-)

The card base was cut as a 7" (width) by 5" card (card stock cut 10" by 7" and folded).

The first two layers were cut at 6 3/4" by 4 3/4" and 6 1/4" by 4 1/4".

The two labels (accent 2) were cut at 4 1/2" by 3 1/2" and 4 1/4" by 3 1/4".

Sentiment was welded in CCR (using the font feature) measuring 3 3/4" (wide) by 2 3/4".

Star was cut three times, 2", 1 1/2", and 1".  I stamped the small star with an image.

The Cuttlebug was used to emboss the accent under the sentiment, I used one of the folders from the Paper Lace 2 companion set.

Pop dots were used to add dimension.



Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. Hello Karon :):):) Your "male" B-Day cards turned out fabulous... I love them both!!! Thanks for following my blog, I'm also following yours.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'm a bit disappointed with these they look so boring, but I will endeavor to do better next time.

      Your work is fantastic Lisa. So much attention to detail - I will definitely be learning a lot from you. TFS

      Delete
  2. Totally LOVE this card! Great gender-neutral card! Can't believe it was all done in CCR Basics! So creative!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love it - when its free:-) TFL

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...