Monday, 18 June 2012

From this - to this #2

Its been a few days I see. Well, it was Father's Day weekend and I couldn't really craft now, could I?

As the end of the school year is looming (28th June), I thought I had better get a move on with some of the end of year teachers gifts.  Today I have made the four male gifts. I used the Winter Woodland cartridge for the sentiments and the Art Philosophy cartridge for the base of the label on the bag.

From this



OK, so its not going to be cards.  Got the vinyl out today to play and here's how it went.

To this



The sentiment on this mug was cut at 1", in black vinyl. I used the shadow font (Winter Woodland).


The quotation on the above mug reads "2 Teach is, 2 Touch lives, 4 Ever".  I have used this quote in another alternate gift for another teacher (click here).  I made two of these mugs and just filled them with some essentials, pencils, pens, highlighter.  And of course had to put in some chocolate - very essential!!



The sentiment, on this one, was cut at 0.75", and again I used the shadow font.



The quotation on the mug, this time, says "Discover wildlife: Be a Teacher!"  I added the little cardinal as after all I live in Canada:-) I made two of these also. The little cardinal is on page 59 and was cut at 1.5".



The bag was decorated with a base (rectangle page 25 - Art Philosophy) and then the ThankYou was cut using the font and shadow font, in card stock (Winter Woodland), it was cut at 2".



It was a bit fiddly to do the mugs because of the roundness.  I found it easier to do a couple of letters at a time, that way I was able to get a reasonably straight line round the mug:-)

I hope you have enjoyed this one.  Thank you for stopping by.

Happy crafting everyone.

16 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL teacher gift!! I would be honored if I had someone give me such a thoughtful and creative gift! The gift bags are such a GREAT idea and the mugs are PEFERCT! Loving the new "series." Keep it up :-)

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I hope they like them too. Shannon is looking forward to giving them to her teachers. TFL

      Delete
  2. I really love this series. It's a great concept to see how you turn pieces of different items into such a wonderful project. I love the vinyl colors you used. I've got to start using my vinyl!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy using the vinyl Sandra - that little cardinal was the first time I have layered the vinyl. TFL

      Delete
  3. Great gifts. I haven't tried layering vinyl yet. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much. Layering the vinyl was easy than I expected but then it was only little. I think maybe on something larger it will be trickier. TFL

      Delete
  4. The cardinal is soooo cute! Nice gift set that I am sure the receiver will love. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today - he is cute isn't he:-)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful gift this is. Look at you go, layering on vinyl is not an easy feat... Love the look. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karon, the teachers will be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - I'm pleased with how they turned out. TFL

      Delete
  7. Wow this is an awesome gift for the teachers.I think i will scrap this for next year.Love the viynl on the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you lovely comment.

      Delete
  8. Karon - you really do lovely work! I would have you on my design team any day (if I ever did a design team). :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol- thanks Ian. Really appreciate that:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...