Tuesday, 19 June 2012

From this - to this #3

Teachers, teachers, teachers gifts everywhere!  Hi everyone, today I managed to make a start on the gifts for 7 female teachers (yep 7). As my eldest daughter is graduating and will be going to High School in September, we thought it would be nice to give to some of the other teachers who have also helped her over the past years.  So here we go.

From this



To this



These tags will be attached to the gifts that I will be making later in the week - so stay tuned:-)

The tags were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge (Tag2, page 40), was cut at 5.5" by 3.5".

The layer (square1,  page 23), was cut at 4" by 3".

For the sentiment I used the Quarter Note cartridge and font 1.  It was sized and cut to fit on top of the layer.

I made roses (scallop 1, page 13) from the Flower Shoppe cartridge - these were cut at 3.5".



I also placed layers on the reverse side of the tags with some teachers quotes, these were just printed on some nice card stock using Word.






I hope you are enjoying this new series as much as I am.  Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. Love your pretty tags. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in to say hello - TFL

      Delete
  2. This is going to be a good series. Love what you've done, fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - I'm off to yours now:-)

      Delete
  3. really cute tags.Love the flowers and font for the thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags, love the colors and the details! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! You're so thoughtful and congrats to your daughter! What a milestone for a teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - it makes me feel old though, she's not my baby anymore:-)

      Delete
  6. What great tags! I especially love the flowers. Mine never seem to turn out that well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea - thanks for popping in. For these little roses I just roll them as tight as possible.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tags!!! I LOVE the little AP roses! How much patience you must have to do them that tiny :-) Great job, and I'm sure they're going to compliment the gifts perfectly!


    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I am hoping to get the other part of the gifts finished in the next couple of days. TFL

      Delete
  8. Very pretty tags, those days are over for me. I used to love making things for my son's teachers. He graduated last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a younger daughter - so in 3 years will be doing the same again I expect:-) They grow up to quick don't they. TFL

      Delete
  9. Your tags are beautiful!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by today:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...