Thursday, 21 June 2012

From this - to this #5

Here is a very quick card for you today.  Sheila at She' A Sassy Lady put out a request to her DT members for a Thinking of You card for a fellow crafter who needs cheering up.  This is what I came up with and I'll be off out to post it this morning.

From this



And yes - you will have noticed they are very similar colours from yesterdays card. I was trying to use up some left overs.

To this



And the inside of the card is simple too



I did hand write a lovely quote in the card that says

"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."
 (by Douglas Pagels)

I used the Pagoda cartridge for this project.

The card is a 6" by 4" card base.

The friend layer (page 36, Kanji word) was cut at 5.75" by 3.75". I inked the edges a little.

The Kimono (page 72) was cut at 4", I used pearlescent paper for this, hence the slight sheen. I also popped the layers to add a little depth.

And the little Kanji symbol for friend, was cut at 1".

I didn't want to make this card to thick and heavy because of posting.  I hope you really like this quick and easy card.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. It doesn't look quick and simple, it's lovely. Your friend will be uplifted I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P, for your lovely comment my friend.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! I know she will love it! Thanks for sharing your talent and your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, and you are very welcome:-)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card and a wonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karon, you are really on a roll...and doing a great job on all of your cards! Glad to see you back to crafting. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathie - thanks so much - I'm really enjoying it too:-)

      Delete
  5. Love the clean lines of this one. That kimono is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. Its such a lovely cartridge to use.

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet comments. About the insides of my cards, I think it's OCD. lol I can't seem to "not" do the insides. I've tried. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - but they do look fabulous. Have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Wende - it was just a very simple and quick card. TFL

      Delete
  8. great card!! i use this cartridge often too!! i love it!!

    love your blog, new follower!!

    cheers!
    kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and for becoming a new a follower:-)

      Delete
  9. This is so beautiful!! I love the color combo and the kimono is so pretty!! What a sweet card for your friend :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for the Well Owl Be Blog Hop!! I'm happy to be a new follower :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, becoming a follower and leaving such a sweet comment. I really enjoyed the blog hop:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...