Thursday, 28 June 2012

From this - to this #7

Amongst all the chaos of the morning, and in order that I didn't get too stressed out, I managed to make this today.  She's a Sassy Lady put a request out for a Get well card for one of the design team members.  So, in between a hair appointment, taking Emily to school, going to grad with Shannon, I still managed to make this.

From this



To this



I have put in a couple of other photos to show the butterfly.



I used the Art Philosophy cartridge for all the cuts on this card.

The base card is 6" by 4".

Layer 1 was cut at 5 7/8" by 3 7/8 and layer 2 cut at 5 5/8" by 3 5/8".  I only wanted a very small edge of colour showing.

The sentiment is stamped on the rectangle 5 (page 35) cut at 3" by 1" and 2.75" by 0.75".

The butterfly (page 55) was cut at 3".

I also added another layer to the butterfly by using the flourish (page 59, Font layer shift) and flipping it to make two pieces to insert between the two layers of the butterfly. These flourishes were cut at 2.5".

A little bit of ribbon and some pearl dots to finish.

This is the inside of the card:-)



Entering this card in the following challenges

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges #25,   3 Things (3 pearl dots or 3 layers to the butterfly)

Paper Playtime Challenge #77,  Say it with Sentiments - Anything goes

Jaihart - Sundays are lovely #11 + give away and link party

I'm going to pop this in the post tomorrow, I found it takes about a week for post to get to American addresses (same as posting to the UK - go figure).

Oh well, best I go and get my girls from school and graduation dance, hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Its Canada Day on Sunday so I expect we'll be off out to see the fireworks.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.

36 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is beautiful. Love the colors and the design is awesome... love the butterfly. TFS and tanks for sending out this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - now go and get on vacation :-))))

      Delete
  2. That's a very pretty card, beautiful, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P:-) Fingers still crossed for this weekend:-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Karon, What pretty colours, I love the pattern paper! Beautiful card:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. what a beautiful card! great design and love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - for taking the time:-)

      Delete
  5. Wow you did great under pressure! This card is beautiful, I really like the flourishes under the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma, thanks for stopping by today and leaving such a lovely comment:-)

      Delete
  6. So tender and soft looking. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wende - thanks so much. I love butterflies they seem very relaxing and quite appropriate for a Get Well card, don't you think? TFL

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cared.love the butterfly and DP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

      Delete
  8. BEAUTIFUL color and love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! WOW! Love the from this to this photos. Great idea! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis P.S. If you haven't already, I'd love you to visit my other challenge blog and play along there too. The current challenge is Anything Goes. Smiles! http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janis - thanks so much for stopping by. I'm off to join your challenge blog and Anything goes challenge. TFL

      Delete
  10. This came out so beautiful. I love it. The butterfly is gorgeous. I am your newest follower.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - I appreciate you stopping by and following:-)

      Delete
  11. Dear Karon, I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Websites: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com
    Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de Please take my badge for your blog.
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, and leaving the lovely compliment.

      Delete
  12. Very nice transformation. I always like to see what you start with and what the end product is.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the butterfly! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jill:-)

      Delete
  15. This is beautiful. Love the visual of 'This to This'. Your butterfly is so lovely. Thanks for playing along with us @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Belinda
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment and for stopping by today.

      Delete
  16. this is beautiful. Love the before and after! I'm also a Canadian crafter and your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - thanks for visiting and becoming a follower, I really appreciate it. TFL

      Delete
  17. Visiting from Jaihart. Pretty Butterfly card with lavender as one of my fav colors. Belated Happy Canada Day. I've not visited Kanata, Ontario Canada. I've enjoyed visiting Toronto Canada last Mar 2011, Vancouver in 2006 & Niagara Falla on both US & Canada side several yrs ago.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa - Happy 4th of July - I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  18. Visiting from Jill's. LOVE the butterfly!! The pearls make it SO elegant too!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle - appreciate the comment and the visit:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...