Monday, 4 June 2012

A little Flower Shoppe

What a hectic day yesterday was - I didn't get any crafting done:-(  House hold seemed to take over, although I did manage to tidy up my blog a bit and learnt how to embed links!

For the next card, in my self imposed challenge (to use just one cart per card), I have used the Flower Shoppe cartridge.

Card base was an 11" by 8 1/2", folded in half to make a 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" card.

Layer 1 was cut at 8 1/4" by 5 1/4", and inked around the edges.

Layer 2 was cut at 8" by 5", was embossed using the Cuttlebug and the folder Babys Breath.  I also then inked the embossed image with white ink.

The flowers were all cut at 2" (page 12, 13 and 15).  I also sprayed them with some home-made glimmer mist.

For the leaves, I used the petal on page 20 (stack3) cut at 2" by 1/4".

The bouquet wrap was made using some speciality paper (from a stock a bought years ago).
To make the bouquet wrap, I cut a square 4 1/2 " by 4 1/2" and folded it.




This card is being entered in the following challenges

CWC#87: May Flowers at Cooking with Cricut

Fun Friday Challenge Emboss It at Little Scrap Pieces

Thanks for stopping by.




18 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, love the way you've wrapped the bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P, hope you are having a good day:-)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty. Love the flowers and the leaves. Cute wrap around them. Reminds me when we used to make May baskets at school. Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking with Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzanne and for taking the time to visit my blog. I have only been blogging since the middle of May, and only back into crafting since the New Year. Your blog is great by the way:-) TFL

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card.Love the flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. For the comment and for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  4. This is sooo pretty. Love the way you set it as a bouquet. Thanks so much for joining us at Cooking with Cricut and hope to see you next challenge. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. I'm new to all this blogging but am really enjoying both this and of course most importantly the crafting :-) You have so many beautiful things on your blog - I love the way you colour your images. TFS

      Delete
  5. Karon thanks so much for joining my emboss it challenge with your beautiful card. Your flowers are fabulous! Beautiful colors against the perfectly embossed background. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen - thanks for stopping by. I'm so excited to be back into crafting and am loving this new fangled thing called blogging:-)

      Delete
  6. Great job! You really do make some beautiful flowers and I love your use of patterned paper. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie - I think sometimes the patterned papers just have to used for this purpose. It means you can use so many other colours for back grounds etc. TFL

      Delete
  7. Love the wrapped bouquet, Karon! The embossed flower background is a nice touch, too. Thanks so much for joining our May Flowers challenge at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life-blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to come and have a look. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!

    Thanks for playing with us at CWC this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. Its great to take part:-)

      Delete
  10. OH how pretty is this?!?!? Another cart I have but you've given me some new ideas on how to use it! Great job!!!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cart - I wasn't sure how the flowers would look little. But am pleased with the result. TFL

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...