Saturday, 2 June 2012

A little George and Basic Shapes

Another in my challenge of only using one cartridge for a card.  I enjoyed putting this one together and hope you like it too.

The card base was made in CCR using two of the rectangles (page 106) sized and welded to make a 6" by 4" card.

Layer 1 (rectangle 4 page 106) was cut at 5 1/2" by 3 1/2".
Layer 2 (as above) was cut at 5 1/4" by 3 1/4" and embossed using the Cuttlebug and the folder called Babys Breath.

The flowers (flower 1, page 120) were made by cutting 3 for each flower, inked and then layered.  They were cut at 1".

For the stems I used the letter I, cut at length 3", and the leaves (oval 2, page 100) cut at 3" by 1/4".

The sentiment was cut at 1" high.

I added some pearl dots and also some pop dots to add some depth to the card.



Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. I've often wondered if I should pick up George. This card makes it clear that I should really think that one through and go for it. Nice job. keep up the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am trying to look at the cartridges in different ways and how I can use the different elements. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Karon, this card is really beautiful...its so bright and fresh looking! Youre doing a great job with your self imposed challenge. Cant wait to see what you create next. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathie - I thank you for coming by and leaving me such a lovely comment. Keep tuned:-)

      Delete
  3. Who wouldn't love to receive such a lovely bunch of flowers. Such a good idea to just use one cart, it makes you look at it more ways than one. Really beautiful Karon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P, I'm really loving this. Its so nice to wake up in the morning and think "what can I come up with today?"

      Delete
  4. Wonderful card. Saw your comment on Paper Variety asking how to enter challenge. You will need to create a link to the challenge and post it on your blog post you want to enter. Click on your blog post & cut & paste the URL of blog post so you can enter it when you get to challenge page. Then when you are at the challenge page you click on the linky and enter your URL, your name & email address. Let me know if you understand or need more help.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the help Melissa:-)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty......love the embossed background and the gorgeous bunch of flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed making this card - thank you:-)

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous!! Love the colors, and now I'm going to have to go find that Cuttlebug folder!!! LOVE it! Great job lady!! Keep 'em coming!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess - the folder was in Walmart there were three or four new ones they put out - the following week they were all gone again. Its just such a dainty folder and comes with a small embossing border too.
      TFL

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...