Tuesday, 5 June 2012

A little Pagoda

OK Fathers Day is coming and although I hate doing male cards, I thought I had better get one done for my hubby from me.  I'll do another off the children another day.

Today I really struggled with the inspiration brain!!  It eventually came and I'm quite pleased with the result. You'll may also notice that my measurements are now decimalised, got fed up of putting 1/4 etc in:-)

This card was made by only using the Pagoda cartridge.

Base card is 6.75" by 5".  Ha ha, you might ask why? - Well, the layer one I wanted to emboss and use the whole embossing folder.  It looks better and therefore this is what the card base needed to be for it to look right when layered!  Thats my excuse anyway:-)

Layer 1 was cut at 6.5" by 4.75".  Embossed using the Cuttlebug and the folder from the Paper Lace 2 companion set.  And I then inked it in white to add definition to the embossing.

Layer 2 was cut at 5 3/4" by 4", this was card stock that I have had hidden away for years:-)

The sun (Tag, page 56, with the centre removed by using Hide/Contour in CCR) was cut 3 times, at 2.5", 2.25" and 2" and layered slightly off centre.

The tree (page 45) was cut at 3" and the dragon flies (page 43) were cut at 1".

I didn't have a Father's Day stamp so this was printed on card stock, using Windows.

I added 3 brads and some pop dots throughout to add depth to finish off.



This card has been entered in the following challenge

 Fathers Day - at least two Cricut cuts needed at Exploring with Cricut
(closes 9th June @ 9pm)

Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. I really love that Karon, so unusual. P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P, I see you have managed to add pages toyour blog:-) Its looking great.

      Delete
  2. I love this!! ;) How do you get the shadow effect from the tree and dragonflies? He is sure to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say, its nothing spectacular it really is shadow!! and because I have added depth to the images it shows. I have yet to take some decent photos with my camera:-) Thanks though:-)

      Delete
    2. Actually, looking at it - that could be the start of something new. A new effect, actually to try and create a natural shadow. mmmmm now you have me thinking!

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean about how the camera can give off different looking effects. I'm definitely going to give my cards more of the "pop dot" depth look! Thanks for letting me know and I'm actually glad there wasn't really more to it as I am more of a "simple" card maker,lol. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful card!!! I love all of the cuts. I need to get this cartridge out and think outside the box with it. I love the colors! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon - for taking time out to come visit my blog. And what lovely comments you have left me - thanks.

      Delete
  4. Love your card! The colors are great and so wonderful you used a cartridge that you would not think of as a typical Father's Day. Thanks for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had this picture in my head and felt it would make a good card. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today.

      Delete
  5. Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing at Exploring Cricut.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and for taking the time to visit:-)

      Delete
  6. Your card is very pretty. It is very serene looking. Thank you for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in and commenting, its much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. What a great Father's Day card! Another breath-taking creation!! Great job, and thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - thanks Jess - I really enjoyed making it:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...