Wednesday, 6 June 2012

A little Paper Lace 2

Today I decided to use the Paper Lace 2 cartridge for my challenge of using one cartridge only.  After looking through the images I thought that I would make two cards, one female and one male.

When you think of Paper Lace - you don't really think "male".  However, there are lots of images on this cart that can be utilized in male cards.  It really is worth giving this cartrdige a good look through.

Although both these cards are similar - I wanted to try and see if I could make an easy card and therefore stuck with 2 colours only.

For the female card the base was made in CCR using two of the Base shadow on page 27.  They were welded and sized to make a 5" by 7" card.

Accent 1 (page 27) and the base shadow, were cut at 4.5".

Accent 2 (page 37) and the base shadow, were cut at 2.25".

The sentiment (page 59, Lace 2) and the Lace 2 shadow, were cut at 2".

In all of the above layers, the shadow was cut out of pearlescent paper.

I added some pop dots to give a little depth to the card.


For the male card the base was made in CCR using two of the Base shadow on page 26.  They were welded and sized to make a 5" by 7" card.

Gears 1 (page 26) and the base shadow, were cut at 4.25".

Gear (page 36) and the base shadow, were cut at 1.25".

Gear Border (page 46) and the base shadow were cut at 1".

Happy Birthday 2 (page 63) and the base shadow were cut at 1.25".

Once again, in all the above layers, the base shadows were cut out of pearlescent paper, and added some pop dots for depth.



I hope you like these simple cards.

Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Karon, I love your cards! The tone on tone is really cute!!

    PinkE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much -I thought I would try something different and simple:-)TFL

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh...you've really done a wonderful job on both of these cards Karon! We're of Celtic heritage and I know quite a few men in the family that would love your first card. Super job. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie - I didn't really look at card one as male - but now you mention the Celtic look, I think if you use the right colours it could well be a male card. Thanks so much for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. More Karon inspiration coming up!!! I was looking at those gears just last week and thought who would use that. I never "saw" it as a male card. Clever girl you are! I love both cards but the male card would come in for so many occasions. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - there are quite a few backgrounds on that cart that could be used as backgrounds for male cards; who would have thought. TFL

      Delete
  4. Wow Karon, I love both of your lacey cards. But the 2nd one is my fav. Its perfect for any guy and I want to make one now. I really need to make more guy cards. Awesome Job! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day. AJ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. And what a lovely compliment. Happy crafting.

      Delete
  5. I really like these, especially the 2nd one. Very original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite too:-) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. very cute TFS!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are very pretty. I especially like the purple one. Thank you too, Karon, for becoming a follower of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace and for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  8. LOVE THEM!! Yet another cart I have but haven't really done much with because I can't figure out what to do with it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great cart - and lots of backgrounds that can be utilized in other projects.TFL

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...