Monday, 11 June 2012

A little Sophisticated

I really don't know where I was going with this card.  I had no idea how it would turn out. It's OK, but I feel it probably needs something else.  Maybe a bit of bling!  Anyway, we must post our creations even though we might not be feeling 100% about them.

The cartridge Sophisticated was used in this latest card, in my self imposed one cartridge only challenge.

The card base was made by welding two of of the Font 1 shape (page 64) and then sized to make a 7" by 5" card.  I inked the edges to add a bit of definition.

Layer 1 used the same shape above cut at 6.5" by 4.5", I then used my Cuttlebug to emboss it using one of the folders from the Paper Lace 2 companion set.

Layer 2 was a piece of card stock from a new paper pad that I purchased at Michaels the other day (see below).   It was cut at 5" by 3 5/8", as I wanted it to fit just inside the shape of layer 1, and I also punched the corners with a small heart corner punch.

The chandelier (page 31) was cut at 2.25" in pearlescent paper.

The scallop (Phrase page 65) under the sentiment was cut at 3" by 2".

For the sentiment I used Font 2 shadow feature and it was cut at 1".  I sprayed the sentiment with glimmer mist. (It worked really well but doesn't show up in the photo.)

I used pop dots to raise layer 2, the chandelier and the scallop under the sentiment, just to add some depth.



And I've added some bling - it helps a little but I think I might have to revisit this cartridge at a later date. I also need some photography lessons :-)





I thought I would share some details of the pad, I mentioned above, it is called Antiquities by G.C.D studios.  Its beautiful and has a linen feel to it too and its double sided.  It really is the first paper/card stock I can really say I love - its so rich.  (I am in now way connected to this company I just LOVE this paper pack).

pads/Antiquities-12x12-Cover.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karon, it's lovely and it's different. However perhaps a few gems to suggest lights in the candelabra. As I love bling that's what it suggests to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - I added some bling but I'm still not really that happy with it. Oh well we live and learn:-)

      Delete
  2. Well I think it's lovely. Try using just electric light and NO flash if you are not happy with the photo as flash can wash out the colours I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No flash but hubby is thinking about building me a box with lights (like a miniature studio) to see if I can get some better photos of my cards. TFL

      Delete
  3. Karon this card is really great...it has a touch of vintage and a touch of abstract. I like the gems you added, nice touch. I have a box that I use to take photos with and it really helps. If my project is too large for the box, I try to wait for a sunny day and place the project close to a window so that it gets indirect light, and NO flash. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth...lol...really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya - thanks for you lovely comment and the photo advice. What type of box do you use? I was thinking of making one with white foam board.
      I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards!! I've got this cartridge and have been struggling to find uses for it other than layouts. Thanks so much for the inspiration :-)

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I'm going to revisit this cart as I wasn't too pleased with the result. Thanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...