Thursday, 5 July 2012

From this - to this #9

Isn't it great, I've managed to get in the craft room again today.  Emily is a star and has been drawing and playing the piano this morning, so I had a chance to get on and craft:-)  I also put some vinyl on a cup for her, I will show that later in the week once I have done her sisters too.

Anyway on with todays

From this



So I wanted to get back to doing my own thing today, and made a card to add to my stash.

To this



Don't ask me where the colour combination came from - but I think it turned out well.



I used the Cindy Loo cartridge for this card.

The base is a standard cream 6" by 4" card (I'm trying to use up my pre-folded cardstock).

Layer 1 was cut at 5.5" by 3.5"

Layer 2 was cut at 5.25" by 3.25" and I embossed this layer with my Cuttlebug folder Floral Fantasy.

The bird house was cut at 4".

The birds were cut at 1.25".

The sentiment was printed via MicrosoftWord, I really do have to increase my stock of everyday stamp sentiments.  But Word works well, don't you think :-)

Added a bit of ribbon and some pop dots for depth.

This card is being entered in the following challenges

Tuesday Alchemy - Challenge #21 Anything Goes (closes Mon 9/7)

Make it Monday  #96 Linky Party (closes Sun 8/7)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

20 comments:

  1. I love this card and I think that color combo works awesome! The Cindy Loo cart is too cute, I've been wanting to get that one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma - thanks for popping in :-)

      Delete
  2. I spotted your colorful card on MIM and came over to have a closer look. I really like the bold colors you've used for this card, and the birdies are SO cute. What a great "New Home" card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  3. Stunning card hun...lovely new home card..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week...

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marjorie - appreciate the visit and the comment.

      Delete
  4. A great card. I like the colours, nice and bold. I particularly like the blue birds
    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today:-)

      Delete
  5. That's so lovely Karon, so apt as well for the sentiment. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love what you have created.
    Great to show the materials you started with and what you created with them.
    Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and stopping by today.

      Delete
  7. nice!!! love your title from this...to this!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit me today.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 would love it if you could visit.
    There is also some candy HERE!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Julia - I have left a comment for you too:-)

      Delete
  9. Fab card!

    Thank you for joining Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...