Thursday, 12 July 2012

Something Different #2

Hi everybody, sorry for not posting for a few days.  My girls have the inconsideration of being on school holidays and I suppose I just have to do some things with them - LOL.

This card has been made for Andy's Mum in the UK.  Her birthday is tomorrow and I just hadn't got round to making a card.  We have arranged for a gift to be delivered in the UK, but the kids and I are also making up a box to send over to her. Gifts, photos and goodies off the girls.

Todays card is called a Joy fold.  This is another card I haven't seen before and a very straight forward one to put together.  I warn you - this is the last of the easier ones:-)

Again though, the directions I found for this type of card were too big.  I wanted my card to end up being a standard 6" by 4" card.

You will need two pieces of card stock.  One 6" by 6" and the other 5" by 4".

You will need to score the 6" by 6" card at the 2" mark and the small piece at the 2.5" mark (along the 5" side).


This photo shows the position of the cards once folded.  You need to centre the smaller card on the inside of the larger.  


This is how the card stands open.


And this is how the card will look closed.


This is the card that I put together.




The butterfly was cut at 1.75", using the Art Philosophy cartridge - page 55.  

The small scallop circles were cut at 1.25" and 1", also from the Art Philosophy cart, page 31.

The flower is from the Flower Shoppe cartridge, page 13 scallop 1, cut at 2.5".

The scallop circles and flower were layered.  I used some pop dots to raise it slightly, this is what is used to hold the right card piece in place when closed.  You only need to position this piece so that it sits just over the corner of the card.


 A close up of the butterfly and the sentiment.


I hope you like my card and that the instructions are OK.

This card has been entered in the following challenges

Joyful Stamper - Inspire me Fridays #67 - Anything Goes (closes Thurs 19/7)

Docerela Creations - Anything Goes Challenge (closes Thurs 26/7)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Challenge - Anything Goes (closes Fri 20/7)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card she will love it... TFS the instructions

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana - appreciate it:-)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Great design and butterfly!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carri - its one of my favourite butterflies.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Karon:)The colour is so pretty and I love the fold! Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.Love the colors and fold for card.You are so creative.Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  5. Great card Karon, love everything from design, color and the awesome detail with that butterfly. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila - appreciate your lovely comment.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the colors and the beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat! It is easy enough, since you are being gentle with us at this moment. I sure hope you don't mind if I copy the actual card. It is just enough of a distraction since I am in a slump at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - glad you like it enough to repeat it:-) TFL

      Delete
  8. Now that's what I call different Karon! I really like it, I'm sure it's one of those folds that would be suitable for many designs so thanks for the idea and details of how to make. Love your colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - Hope your vacay is going OK. TFL

      Delete
  9. Hi Karon!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love this card and I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for the detailed how to! I gotta start doing that. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie - can't wait to see what you create:-)

      Delete
  10. That butterfly is adorable, as well as your entire card!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Docerela Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and it is nice to see a different fold rather than the typical.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Georgiana.

      Delete
  12. Karon great directions I will have to try this card fold it's really beautiful. Lovely colors and the butterfly looks like it is hovering on the front of the card. Thanks you so much for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a lovely comment and that the instructions were good. TFL

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...