Saturday, 14 July 2012

Something Different #3

I'm having a crafty time today and thought I would get the next card done in this series.  Are you ready for a little more of a challenge?

This card is called a Triangle Tri-fold card - sounds really good doesn't it and complicated - but it isn't, I swear:-)

To start with you will need a 4" by 12" piece of card stock - this is the base of your card.  You will be scoring this piece at the 4" and 8" mark.


You need to fold both of these side pieces towards the centre of the card, like this :


Next you will make two diagonal score marks - you have to ensure that they are both in the same direction, as below:


Fold both these score lines towards the back - like this:


That is it, no more scoring.  Fold the left triangle into the centre of the card.


Then the right triangle in to the centre, so you will end up with a 4" by 4" card once closed, like this:


And there you go, one Triangle Tri-fold card base.

Here is the one I made up today, I will go through and show you the layers and where to position them.

So after scoring, you will need to have two pieces of card stock, both cut at 3.75" by 3.75".  One of the pieces you are going to cut diagonally in half.  Here is the positioning:


As you can see I scored mine with my Cuttlebug, I used the Divine Swirls folder. (I was going to ink the edges of these but I forgot - teach me for not concentrating!)

Next you will do the front piece for your card.  I used the Cindy Loo cartridge for this.

I used the frame on page 50 (you could use any of them), I used hide contour to remove the inner lines.  I could of course just have picked up say, the Art Philosophy cart but I wanted to just use the one cartridge.

I cut two of the frames, one at 3" by 3" and the other at 2.75" by 2.75".

Then I used the Doily 4 (page 71) cut at 2.5".  The little bird (page 64, all layers) was sized to fit the doily.

Here you need to close up your card, so that you position your front layer correctly.  This is also where you can add ribbon to keep the card closed.


Notice the front piece sits only on the top of the front triangle.


Here is the card standing, again this shows the position of the front piece.


A close up of the sentiment, these layers were cut at 2.5" by 2.5" and 2.25" by 2.25".  I used my photo corner punch to round the edges and also inked them.  The sentiment and little flower are Inkadinkado stamps.


Here is my finished card tied off with a lovely bow.


I really do hope that you have enjoyed this post and that the tutorial was reasonably straight forward.

This card is being entered into the following challenges

Lexis Creations - Challenge 69 - For a Friend (closes Sat 21/7)

Jaihart - Sundays are Lovely #11

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

12 comments:

  1. Really like this style card. Very pretty.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, very pretty. It's amazing how many different style cards there are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karon, hope you're having a great weekend. Your card is beautiful, thanks for sharing how to make it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norma, I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Such a fun fold card! Great colors on this! Perfect for a friend! Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carri - I wasn't sure about the colours but they seem to work :-)

      Delete
  5. Karon, Great card and tutorial! Thanks SOOO much for linking up at Jaihart! I hope you have a super fun day! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Jill - you have a good day too:-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Karon - what a great style of card and a fab tutorial too ... must try this style of card when I have a little more time. Love the colour combo you've used too! Thanks for sharing your talents at Lexi's Creations in our "For a Friend" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and visiting today.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...