Sunday, 22 July 2012

Spring Fold cards with a twist.

Hi my crafty friends.  Today I am revisiting the Spring Fold card, the reason for this, is that I had a few ideas running around in my head over the past few days, and I wanted to see if they would work, and they do!

I used Cricut Craft Room to make the following templates.  This first one shows the shapes before I welded, I wanted to show this so you could see how I put them together.


This next picture shows how the templates should look once welded.  You have to make sure to weld otherwise the shapes will cut out separately.


I have used George and basic shapes for the first two templates and Cricut Craft Room Basics for the third.

All you have to do to get you dimensions correct is to make sure you have a 5" (wide) by 7.5" (height) rectangle.  The shape that you decide to add could really be unlimited - I just made sure mine were 5" wide.   Ideally, if you want to finish with a 5" by 5" card when flat, you need to weld you image to the top and lower it until the full height is 10".  (I kept checking my measurements until it was almost to 10").

You will then score the shapes as per my tutorial at the 2.5" and 5" marks and then score down from the corner of your rectangle (this is the 7.5" mark in the tutorial).  Hope this makes sense.

My next post will show the star template being used.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

6 comments:

  1. Karon,
    Thanks so much for such clear directions. I haven't tried one of these yet, but plan to very soon. Your cards have all turned out so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much commenting - its always good to know the instructions are OK.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this great tutorial. I have to try these out.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do - they make a really different card.

      Delete
  3. Karon this is awesome. I am going to have to try this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee Hee - thanks Sheila - you really should:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...