Sunday, 22 July 2012

Spring Fold Christmas card

In my previous post I showed you how you could make different Spring Fold cards using Cricut Craft room.

Here is a Christmas card using the star - for this one I did have to trim the base a little, to accentuate the star.  Have to admit, since starting to make my cards again, this is the first time I have used pre cut die cuts.  I have quite a large stock to use up.


And a side view to show the depth.


There are actually three stars cut (from the George and basic shapes), one at 5" (the same as the original base) and then one at 4" and one at 3".  I embossed the green layers with my Cuttlebug and the folder Snow flakes.

This card is being entered in the following challenges

Paper Play Challenges  - week 29 Christmas in July (closes Wed 25/7)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Christmas in July (closes Thurs 26/7)

Over the next couple of days I will show you an example of the scalloped and the heart shaped ones.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love this style of card have been wanting to try. You have inspired me to do so.

    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Karon, very colourful and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers P, hope you are well. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. This is just gorgeous!! I love the look and the image of Santa and the reindeer is so cute!! Someone will be very lucky to receive this :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - thanks for such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! TFS
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I really like that fold & the santa looks perfect popping off like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is unique and has great design! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job Karon...I hope you dont mind if I try this out! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie - please do, would love to see what you come up with:-)

      Delete
  8. Karon wow this is marvelous. I love that Santa and the pop up design of the card is so fabulous. Thank you so much for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I appreciate you visiting:-)

      Delete
  9. Wow I love this, it is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila - hope you give it a go:-)

      Delete
  10. Love this Christmas spring fold. I'm not wishing for
    Chicago's snow and cold winters, but you are inspiring me for the season... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Audrey, here in Ottawa we get our fair share of the -30c (-22F) or lower with the windchills, and lots of snow. But I'm really enjoying making Christmas cards:-) TFL

      Delete
  11. Very sweet card, love the image. Bright and Cheery.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...