Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Spring Fold Wedding Card

Hi, so, this is the last of my Spring Fold cards using the templates I created in Cricut Craft room.  Click here if you want to check out the details.

This is a Wedding card, although could be changed for an Anniversary card or even a Valentines card.


Once again I like to include the side view to show the depth of the card.


The hearts are all from George and basic shapes.  The first layered heart was cut the same size as the base, it is pearlescent cardstock and has been embossed using my Cuttlebug and one of the folders from the Paper Lace 2 companion set.

The next two heart layers were cut at 2" and 1.5".  The initials were cut using the Quarter Note cartridge and they were cut at 0.75".

I also had another idea, what would happen if I halved the size of the card - wow I could use it as a table place card, say for a wedding - so I thought I would make one of those too. 

Your dimensions would need to be changed and make sure that your overall card base is 5" tall.  I just copied and pasted one of my templates and resized it up top by changing the height to 5".  Make sure that the proportion button is on so that it resizes it proportionally.  Here is the screen shot for this new little one.


To do your folds for this one, just half the previous ones.  So score at 1.25", 2.5" and then the corner of your rectangle (is at 3.75) is where you start the diagonal score marks.

Here is my idea for a table place card.  I have shown it along side the wedding card to show the difference in the sizes. I haven't put any names on it but you can see how it could be used.


I hope you have enjoyed these past few days and the Spring fold card.  I hope that you will give it a try.

The next fold is coming soon - so stay tuned.

This card is being entered in the following challenges

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Challenge me Monday #121, Wedding Bliss (closes Sun 29/7)

Make it Monday #99 - linky party (Sun 29/7)

Bearly-Mine Challenges #45 - Shaped cards (closes Mon 30/7)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

46 comments:

  1. Hi Karon, you've certainly proved it's a versatile fold. I love them all. I will try one as soon as time allows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P - I loved doing these but have to move on LOL.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love the fold and look at the embosing of this one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty...so glad you entered it at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Saw this at MIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card,love this fold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Wedding card! Perfect shape!! Thanks for stopping by my blog from MIM!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - thanks for visiting too:-)

      Delete
  7. amazing fold stunning card. All the embossing is so elegant. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Karon! Audrey here! I love your fold card, you did a wonderful job on it, and the embossing is awesome!!!

    Wanted to drop by to welcome you to the Sassy Lady team, and to say thank you so much for the beautiful get well card you sent me. I've always bragged about how wonderful my blogland family is and for you to have done that for me -- being new on the team -- only enforces how I feel. Gosh, I love my blog-family!!!

    I saw your first card project over at Sheila's and you did a great job! Yep, you're fitting right in... lol!!!

    Again, thank you so much; I appreciate your taking the time to make and send me the card. Also, as I'm a follower now, I'll be seeing you again soon! Hope you'll visit with me soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - Audrey - thank you for this lovely comment. Just been to visit you too:-) Take care.

      Delete
  9. Such an amazing dimensional card !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, you come up with all these fun techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - appreciate you stopping by:-)

      Delete
  11. Your card is not only pretty, but also fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Karon! love these colors...so elegant!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another darling card Karon!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the texture!! And the little place card is so creative and fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Lisa for the lovely comment:-)

      Delete
  15. Karon, this is just beautiful. Great idea about he place card. Perfect for a wedding...I have to try this. I Love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, thanks for popping in today and for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful and elegant card,love the fold.Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Spring Fold card. The embossing on the card really made it so elegant. And the little placecard is a perfect match. Thanks for sharing at FCCB this week and sharing your card and little tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
  19. This is beautiful Karon!! I love ths heart shape combined with the easel! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Bearly Mine! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such fun and so pretty! I saw it over on Make It Monday and came to leave you some love .
    Hugs

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! fabulous shaped card Karon!! Thanks for joining us at BMC this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...