Tuesday, 7 August 2012

A good day!

Today was a lovely day.

I spent some time in the craft room this morning with my girls, we made Christmas decorations.  Yes I know!!  But we had fun, we used up some old CDs and decorated them with bits and pieces.  Here's a couple of quick pictures, showing the front and the back.



They were so easy to make and the girls loved the craft time.

Now on to the card I have made today. There was no Cricut involved in the making of this card, so no machines were hurt in the process LOL.

Here is the quick card I made today to enter some more challenges.  I have the bug!


I used a pre-folded card (6" by 4") that a bought along time ago in the UK.  There are three matted layers and the third was embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Babys breath folder.

The digi image is one from Angeliques website, Sliekje Digi Stamps . Her site is awesome and all her digital images are free.



I coloured the image with pencils and Gamsol.

The little felt heart was one I found in the bottom of an embellishment box :-)

The sentiment was a free digital sentiment from When The Scrap Hits the Fun . Printed, cut out and inked the edges.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges - #31 Cupcakes or Baby projects (closes 9 Aug)

V's Sweet Ideas Challenges - #2 Digi Challenge (closes 31 Aug)

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes - optional extra use felt on your card (my heart) (closes 13 Aug)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Happy Birthday Challenge (closes 9 Aug)

DL ART - Happy Birthday Diana Blog Hop Challenge  (closes 10 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.





38 comments:

  1. Oh my I feel Christmas hurling towards me!LOL. Didn't they do well! Your card is great, good luck in your challenge. My machine has been slaving all night :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much P - you slave driver you, LOL :-)

      Delete
  2. What a very sweet card! You are getting lots of projects done. How fun! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Challenges
    Paper Playtime Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janis - so enjoying myself lately and its so nice to craft with my girls too:-)

      Delete
  3. I love your Christmas ornaments, glad you had some special crafting time!
    beautiful card too, love the little heart embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Karon,
    What a cute little image with her birthday muffin, great colors nice design.
    Thanks for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Diana Blog Hop
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - hope you had a fabulous day yesterday.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet card! Love the digi image and the layout. Good on you for working on some Christmas projects already--I start early, too, every year! It is my favorite time of year afterall! (; Thanks for playing a long with us this month over at V's Sweet Challenge! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  6. I love the Christmas decorations you and your girls created!! They are so sparkly and fabulous!! And the card is so awesome!! The image is so sweet :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa - I asked them did they want to make something to decorate their rooms or a Christmas decoration and the answer, well as you can see!

      Delete
  7. Great Christmas tags! Can never start to early doing Christmas projects. Your cupcake girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun ornaments! Your card is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  9. Really cute ornaments.You are off to a good start with Christams Decorations.Love your birthday card.You colored her perfect.love the heart and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, that image is adorable.
    Sweet ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy - appreciate the visit:-)

      Delete
  11. Karon, your Christmas CD's look fabulous, so color and pretty!!! I KNOW they kids had fun doing these -- I would have too... lol!

    As for your card, it is absolutely adorable... just the cutest!

    It's a pleasure visiting you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey - thanks so much, they really did enjoy it:-)

      Delete
  12. WOW, loving those CD decorations. Wish I could more in the mood but too hot here to think about Christmas yet. lol The card is so darling. What a sweet image.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana - its hot here too, but in my basement where my craft room is its lovely and cool. The girls even started singing Christmas songs when we were crafting LOL!

      Delete
  13. Sweet card and look at those Christmas decorations... awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - it was such a great our time!

      Delete
  14. Adorable card. How fun to craft with your girls. the tags turned out so cute and festive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - it was nice of you to pop by:-)

      Delete
  15. These turned out great! I really like them!! You and the girls did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Xmas decorations, and the cupcake girl is super cute! Thanks for sharing it at Little Scrap Pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet card and image! I love that little heart in the upper corner! Thanks so much for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - I had forgotten that this card was still in a current challenge:-)

      Delete
  19. What an adorable card! I love the heart embellishment you added to your lovely card. Those ornaments are pretty awesome by the way. Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and for popping in today. And also thank you for picking my card as a Feature Friday:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...