Friday, 31 August 2012

Bits and Pieces

Hi all.  Hope you are all having a good week.

This week, I received a parcel of blog candy I won from Sandy - of Sandy's Crafty Creations.  She supplied all the necessary items to make a specific card using Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens.

This is what I received (Sandy - I hope you don't mind me using the image off your blog - I had forgotten to take a photo before I started using everything) - thank you so much.


Here is a photo of the card I was supposed to make with all the supplies. And a link to a fabulous tutorial that Sandy made, for using the pens as watercolours and for stamping here, to make this card.

This is Sandy's creation.

Unfortunately, I have discovered I'm not very good with water colours:-)  So I decided to make mine in a slightly different way.

I stamped the image three times (using the Faber-Castell Pen Deep Scarlet Red), onto different coloured card stock. I then cut each layer, a little smaller than the first, inked the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  And layered them up with pop dots to give added depth.

So this is my version of Sandy's amazing creation.

This is mine:-)

And to show you the depth and the ribbon - all sent to me by Sandy!


Thank you so much Sandy - I loved playing with my new things and making this card.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like fun goodies and I LOVE your card!! What a beautiful dimensional flower!!!
    Awesome job!!
    TFS and Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions. Funny how we can't wait to open our crafty packages. So happy you won and I think your card is great.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie - I know I just completely forgot about taking a photo of the goodies LOL.

      Delete
  3. Lovely goodies, I love your version as well, simple but very elegant, fab my friend:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much P, hope you are doing OK.

      Delete
  4. oooh!!! I love your interpretation of Sandy's card!!! Its beautiful... thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know the name of the embossing folder ( baby's breath) , I had no idea what it was, lol... Happy crafting my canadian blogger friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi - hope you have a fab long weekend:-)

      Delete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the dimension to the flower!! The ribbon is absolutely beautiful!! Happy Friday and have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful.
    I love the dimension of that beautiful flower you made

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!! And what AWESOME goodies!!! Great job hun!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess

    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - so good to see you:-)

      Delete
  8. Karon, my god your take on the card is just beautiful!!! Big congratulations on your win from Sandy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Karon! I love it! The layers are awesome and make the flower really stand out. It is totally ok to have used my photos. :) I'm so happy that you've already used the goodies you won from my blog and I so appreciate you being a follower and commenting so often on my posts too! :) Keep playing with those pens. You'll get the hang of it. It took me a while too!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy - I really enjoyed using them:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...