Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Something Different #8

Now then, are you ready for some origami?  Because this is what this card reminds me of.

I found this fold on the internet (I believe its called a Napkin card), however the card was way too big for my liking. So I worked out the measurements so that you end up with a 4.25" by 4.25" and you are able to make this from your standard 8.5" by 11" card stock pieces.

You will need to start off with a 8.5" by 8.5" piece of card stock.

You will score the card at the 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" marks.  Turn you card a quarter turn and score again at the 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" marks.  You card stock should look like this.


You now need to make some small pencil marks (I use my score board) at the 4.25" mark on all four sides.

You are going to score from one 4.25" mark to the next 4.25" mark diagonally, around all four sides, so that you end up like this.


You will now fold all the score marks.  Also fold them the other way and score again, this will make sure you have very crisp folds and makes it easier for your card to fold in on itself at the end.

Once you have folded and creased all your score lines, you are ready to start the next step.

You need to push in from the right on the points of the diamond score lines, like this.


As you are doing this, you will also need to push in on the bottom point and you will see that you first corner square starts to form.  You will need to push this flat and use your bone folder if necessary.


The next photo shows the first square done.


Please excuse my hands in some of these photos, if you could see how I`m taking the pictures you would laugh.

Work your way around the whole square till you end up with something like this.


For each square, you are now going to fold back in a triangle - like this.


When you take you finger away - it should look like this, I hope so anyway :-)


To open and close the card, if you take opposite corners, on the diagonal, and pull to open - push to close.
Hope you can see it in these photos, I had to recruit my daughters hands for this one, as I needed to take the photo LOL.



And that is it.  Looks pretty boring at the moment, doesn't it?  My next post will show you how to decorate and finish it off.

Hope I haven't scared you away with this one - I promise this was the most difficult ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and check out my next post.

Happy crafting.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome tutorial, Karon!! You made it very easy to understand!! I can't wait to see it decorated :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I'm glad you think the tutorial is OK.

      Delete
  2. Your tutorial is so easy to follow. I love origami and never thought of using them for my cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori - hope you give it a go:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...