Sunday, 5 August 2012

Withdrawal symptoms!

Its been three days since I have crafted! (just realised that this sounds as if I'm repenting my sins, well it is a sin LOL).  I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, LOL.

Today we weren't going anywhere, I cleaned the main floor, prepared some veggies for lunch - Andy cooked roast lamb dinner for us and some friends that we had invited to dinner, mmmm!  Then I said that's it, if I sit down I will just fall asleep so I made a card for some challenges.

OK, OK, there are Christmas challenges involved and I just bought the cartridges Four Legged Friends and A Childs Year, so I couldn't resist :-)


I made the card base in Cricut Craft room, using George and Basic Shapes.  Welded a rectangle and oval to  make the shaped card which is 5" by 5" when folded.

I cut three ovals (again using George) at 5", 4.5" and 4".  I embossed the card front, and all the ovals with my Cuttlebug and the the Snow Flakes folder.

The little scottie dog - which I just couldn't resist, is from Four Legged Friends, (dog1) cut at 2".  The hat for the dog came from an image off the A Childs Year cartridge (page 56), its the Santa's head and I trimmed it just for the hat.  Added some lovely Christmas wool to finish off the hat and some glitter on his scarf.

The lacy layer under the ribbon is from the Art Philosophy cart (page 62 Font) cut at 1.5" and then I trimmed it to 5" in length.

Here's a side view to show the shape of the card.


This card is being entered in the following challenges

Christmas Card Challenges - #36 Use something new (new Cricut Cartridges) (closes 11 Aug)

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - #84 Favourite colours (purple and teal) (closes 10 Aug)

Winter Wonderland Challlenge - Ribbon and Lace (closes 9 Aug)

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #103 Anything Goes (closes 10 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

42 comments:

  1. This is so absolutely adorable, Karon!! The doggie is too cute!! His hat is fabulous and I love the embossing!! What an awesome Christmas card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - thank you - isn't he cute:-)

      Delete
  2. Karon omg I am dying laughing it's just too cute....love how you designed the bottom of the card. The santa do is perfect I am pinning this one so I don't forget the fabulous design. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW Karen - thanks - I really like him too:-)

      Delete
  3. Karon, this is just too cute love this little dog. I like how you use the hat from another cart to create such an adorable figure. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I just had to give him a Santa`s hat:-)

      Delete
  4. Karon, yes he is just too cute!!! I love the little dog all decked out for Christmas -- adorable!!!

    Great card for Christmas any challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey - I just love him :-)

      Delete
  5. Great Job Karon!!!! Such a cute card :-) Still seems weird that we're so close to Christmas already!! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess - thanks. I`m sure there`s something wrong with my Christmas day ticker, its moving too fast :-)

      Delete
  6. This card is just adorable! I love the embossing and the little dog! Another job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful use of the ribbon and lace and a gorgeous creation and just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting. I`m glad the use of my Cricut was OK for the lace:-) Thank you for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  8. This is gorgeous....such a lovely image love the fur on his hat.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen - thank you. I have this huge ball of wool and its just perfect for Christmas:-)

      Delete
  9. Hi Karon, I love everything about your card... The non traditional christmas colours, the shape and how cute is that puppy. You know I have Four legged friends and have never used it, thankyou for inspiring me.
    And Roast Lamb is my favourite dinner...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey - it was delicious, my hubby always does a fabulous roast:-) Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  10. I'm not surprised you couldn't resist that cute dog - lovely card with a beautiful colour combo - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 84 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cute dog, he reminds me of ours (without the hat) :-) Fun card on a lovely shape. I've not made a start on Christmas yet so you are well in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL P, thanks so much. I just can't resist doing these Christmas cards lately:-) TFL

      Delete
  12. What a great card, love the shape and that little doggie is just so so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC challenge this week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting today:-)

      Delete
  13. Hello Karon:) Thank you for visiting today and commenting on Diana's Blog Hop. I'm now a new follower of yours and can't wait to see more of your creations!! Good luck on the giveaways!! BTW: your card is beautiful and I love how you have added the ovals as part of the card base so trying this card base!! Have a fantastic day!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Norma - I'm glad you like my card and thank so much for coming to visit me from the blog hop your doing for Diana's birthday and for taking the time to start to follow me:-) Have a great week.

      Delete
  14. How cute is this---love hte little dog image and the fuzz you added to his hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute. I like the way you did the bottom of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Cute!! Love the color combo! Thanks for sharing the new about the challenge blog! Good luck with the giveaway and we can't wait to see your creations!
    Cut It Up Challenge team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute Christmas card. Love the hat on the dog! :) Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters challenge blog this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and visiting my blog:-)

      Delete
  18. What a creative card with lots of lovely details!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thannks for the lovely comment:-)

      Delete
  19. cute card thanks for joining us at 2sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland Ribbon and Lace Challenge with this amazing creation,

    I do hope that you will come on over and have some fun with us again next week,

    Have a lovely day ,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget - I'm so loving doing Christmas cards:-)

      Delete
  21. super cute image - and I love the purple!!
    Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting - purple is so my favourite colour:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...