Monday, 10 September 2012

A Bit o' Stampin' !

Hi everyone, its Monday - yeah!  It's the start of another lovely week, kids in school, hubby in work and me - well of course - in my craft room :-)

Back at the beginning of August I won some blog candy off Laine from Hugs 4 the Heart Designs .  I had the choice of three clear stamp sets, and I chose one with lots of whimsical birds on.  So I was expecting one stamp set:-)

This is what I received though :-)


So generous of her, look at all those pieces of ribbon and gems and lovely little stamps.  She also include a lovely little vintage tag to say congrats.  Thank you so much Laine.  You have to go check out her blog - she is very talented.

I finally got round to making a quick card on the weekend.


They are such lovely stamps, isn't the owl sweet, and I used the ribbon and gems too:-)

The sentiment stamp is from an InkaDinkaDo set.  The backing paper is from a beautiful stack by DCWV, called The Blossoms and Butterflies - its a 4.5" by 6.5" stack most of them are glittered or foiled.


I have also started to do the insides of my cards - wish I had started doing this sooner as it really finishes them off.


This was just a quick and simple card for today.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

DL ART Thankful Thursday - Watch the  2 min video to find out what the challenge is (closes 22 Sept)

The Perfect Sentiment - Challenge PSC48: All Creatures Great and Small (closes 11 Sept)

The Drunken Stampers - Challenge 96: The Birds - include a bird (closes 14 Sept)

Allsorts Challenge - Week 171: Layers (closes 14 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

44 comments:

  1. Wow what a fabulous win Karon,you have made a gorgeous card,love the image,fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Doreen - hope you have a great day:-)

      Delete
  2. What a nice Haul. Loving this card. Great colors and the owl is too cute.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...just look at all those fun goodies! What a great prize! And look at that adorable little card you created...that owl is super cute! I love the bright blue gems for eyes-such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya - I think he is so cute too:-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your blog candy win!
    What a cute stamp set with all those birds!
    I love that you used some bling for the owls eyes - so cute!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Drunken Stampers for the "For the Birds" challenge
    ~donna~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
  5. beautiful card,lovely colours and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kavitha and I see your my latest follower - thank you:-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your fun goodies!! And what an absolutely adorable card!! I love the cute owl!! The flowered background paper is gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - the papers in that stack really are so pretty. I couldn't resist buying it - it was on at $3.99 in Homesense (like a Marshalls) - bargain:-)

      Delete
  7. Great card, I live the sketch, it is a classic that can be used many times. super colours and the image is adorable. thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers :for the birds" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara - I din't really think of it as a sketch but I suppose your right, the layout could be used over and over again. Thanks for the idea:-)

      Delete
  8. Whooos a lucky girl hee hee. Seriously they are lovely goodies and you've made a great card using some of them. I love owls and this one is so cute. Hugs Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela - I couldn't resist using him:-)

      Delete
  9. Such fun goodies! Really sweet card! Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cute owl looks really great stamps onto the yellow card Karon.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!Gorgeous!Gorgeous! The owl and the colors are amazing! Love the blingy eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful set of stamps! And I love your owl card!!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, your "quick" card is just adorable!!!

    Great set of stamps you recieved too!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey - I think he is so cute:-)

      Delete
  14. Your card is cute as usual. Nice job incorporating all your blog candy into one tribute work. Isn't it fun to win?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie - appreciate your comments always and thanks for becoming my latest follower.

      Delete
  15. such a sweet little owl, this is adorable Karon!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty, pretty, pretty...you lucky girl you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card with his sparkly blue eyes! Fun to use prizes!!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at drunken stampers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by:-)

      Delete
  18. Congrats :)
    Such a sweet card, those stamps sets are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute:-) Thanks Tracy.

      Delete
  19. This is so sweet. I love the eyes they are awesome
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - as ever your challenges are fab:-)

      Delete
  20. Pretty card!! Thanks for playing with Drunken Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card. Pretty design. Designing is such a sweet job and i realize this after working for the Scratch Cards Printing and designing company. I really appreciate your inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...