Saturday, 15 September 2012

Christmas is back - oh no!! (Simply Christmas #1)

Happy weekend everyone!  This is my second post today, because the earlier post was scheduled and I wanted to share this one with you.

In between getting my laundry done, I'm messing about in my craft room.

I have a few simple ideas (and I do mean simple) for some Christmas cards and thought I would give them a go.  So I will be bombarding you with a few to get you in the Christmas spirit.

I won't post them all on one day, as I don't want to scare you away from visiting me, besides, it means I'll have a few posts already prepared (big smiley).

This card was made with a specific challenge in mind, 2 Sisters Challenge #109 - is Black and White plus one other colour and an optional extra of glitter.

Mine is black/white and silver and I heat embossed the snowflake and sentiment with Winter Wonderland embossing powder to give it that lovely sparkle.  Even the wool has sparkles in it too.


The backing paper is from an age old stash from the UK.

The snow flake from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 30, Layer) is cut at 2.5".

The sentiment is from the Winter Frolic Cartridge (page 29, Phrase) is cut at 2.25".


If you click on the above photo the glitter shows a lot more :-)

So that's it - a quick post and a quick card. Pretty boring really LOL!

I found some other challenges I could enter this one into - so here goes.

Going Buggy: September Challenge - Ho Ho Ho, a Christmas card  no red or green (closes 30 Sept)

Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 234 - Christmas in September (closes 19 Sept)

Just Keep On Creating: Christmas is just around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karon,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon,

    This is a simple design, but effective. You've captured the goals of the challenges nicely. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - sometimes when it comes to challenges I struggle, yet if I just create and then find the challenge that matches what I have made, I seem to get a better result. Still on the fence about this one.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, Karon!! I love the pretty sparkle!! The design of the sentiment is so fun...I didn't realize that was on the Winter Frolic cart!! Can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas cards :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the Snow.. the N and the W are great popped like that! Just love it! Love that sparkle.. that embossing is great! And the wool.. looks like snow! Love it!! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. It's hard to believe that we have to start making Christmas cards again. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its just that time of year:-) Thanks Sheila.

      Delete
  6. Hi Karon, What a great "Snow" card! Such pretty sparkle and I love the use of the wool!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly - I love this wool, its got little strands of sparkle in it and is so soft.

      Delete
  7. This is fabulous!!! LOVE the silver--and the fuzzy fiber is amazing! Gorgeous holiday card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :-)

      Delete
  8. Pretty card. I love the yarn, it gives it a warm feeling :)
    I don't even think of Christmas cards until sometime in Dec. Where as my SIL has them completed for the next couple of years.....crazy lady eh, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tracy - I'm not that organised! But felt if I get some done, I can concentrate on other things:-)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card Karon, I love all the shimmer :D Glitter is always good isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter always reminds me of Christmas:-)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card!! I am dreaming of snow :) I have only made 1 Christmas card so far this year, have not even started my Halloween ones due to nasty hot temps and no AC!


    www.inmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose - got your email - will reply later. Thanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete
  11. considering you have a Christmas ticker at the top of your blog, I would not expect anything less than getting in the spirit! Hey I have a 3 and 4 year old, we are always in the spirit! I love this card and I love the puffy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks Arin. Christmas planning always starts early in this house to spread the cost:-)

      Delete
  12. wow love what you did with the snow letting like a snowdrift on your card. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a lovely card, I love how the letters stand out and the colours you have used look great.

    thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love the way you have used black and white with the pop of colour. Thank you for entering the Going Buggy challenge this month, and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enfys - thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great rest of the week :-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...