Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Delving into Digis!

I seem to be losing my mojo!

So on the weekend I decided to try and give digi stamps a serious go.  I have only coloured a couple of complete digis, I have paper pieced one and the other was a snowman (loads of colouring on that one LOL).

I am thinking of maybe investing in some Spectrum Noir markers - as I find that the Copics are just way to expensive.  In the meantime, I am using some Artist Loft pencils and Gamsol.

Here is the little fairy I did on the weekend, what do you think?


I won a challenge earlier in the year and got a voucher for some Mo's Digital Pencil images.  This comes from a set of 6 which you can find here.

I think he came out OK, I'm learning to blend and things.  I only have the one skin tone though so maybe he could do with a little pink to blush him up a little.


The sentiment is a freebie digi from When the Scrap Hits The Fun.  I thought it was quite appropriate for the little lady bug:-)

The designer paper is from a DCWV Premium Stack called The Blossoms & Butterflies Stack.  Its full of beautiful prints and they are foiled too.



So, let me know what you think and any advice would be much appreciated.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge 110: Things with Wings (closes 28 Sept)

Charisma Card Challenges - Challenge #37: Things with Wings (closes 26 Sept)

Love to Create Challenge Blog - Challenge #34: Anything Goes (closes 30 Sept)

Just Keep on Creating - Challenge #3: Anything Goes (closes 30 Sept)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #77: Anything Goes (closes 27 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. Oh I think it's adorable! Your coloring is so pretty. I know what you mean I have a couple of copic markers get them once in while when I go to hobby lobby and use a coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! What a cute image and your coloring is GREAT!! Hope to see you make more projects with digi's!!
    TFS and have a GREAT hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate the comment and feed back:-)

      Delete
  3. Love your fabulous card Karon ,love the image and great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Karon, your card came out gorgeous. The image is adorable and you did a great job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have just used a digi for the first time. I think your coloring skills have exceeded mine though. Your little bug is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think it's just adorable!!! I love the image -- soooo cute!!! And your card itself is beautiful!!! Great job, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey - happy rest of the week.

      Delete
  7. What a cute image Karon and you've coloured him beautifully! I'm just having a short brows around, it might help my mojo. Hugs Pamela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela - hope things moving along:-)

      Delete
  8. Precious! Your coloring is really good, I think. For the single skin tone you might try just a very tiny bit of a blue violet for some shading along the hair line but I'd do it on a practice one for sure as you don't want to mess this one up! Also maybe just a little pink in the cheek area. You'll get the hang of it! Coloring Digis is so much fun!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try to add a little pink - but I think I should have gone a tone darker and then blended it, it would probably have shown up more. Thanks for the advice though. I also picked up some skin tone prisma pencils today so hopefully they will help too.

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness Karon, this is just the sweetest Digi. Your coloring is great! I've tried to get the hang of digis/coloring but it definitely takes practice - looks like you may be a natural:)
    Have a GOOD one!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - thanks Shelly, appreciate the lovely comment.

      Delete
  10. OMG! the image is sooo ADORABLE Karon! The coloring is fantastic with the chose of papers! Thank you so much for stopping by to visit !!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon, this is the cutest imnage! Love your card. So cute. I'm no good at coloring but this looks fine to me. When I dream at night I dream about learning to color digis. LOL! You did a good job!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie - I thought I would give it a go and am loving it.

      Delete
  12. so sweet & beautiful Karon!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is gorgeous, Karon!! You colored that sweet angel beautifully!! The paper is so pretty!! I just love everything about this!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I think he is so cute:-)

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...