Saturday, 15 September 2012

Don't Forget! And just a bit of fun!

Hi everyone, this is just a gentle midway reminder, for Pin and Tack's Spark Your Creativity Now challenges.

Challenge #1 Anything Goes is up and running until the end of the month, so you still have plenty of time to enter your creations.

I thought I would share with you a little fun project using vinyl.

My husband has a website called Chilled SQL, (he's an IT Consultant and Data Base Analyst [DBA]), its way over my head LOL!

Anyway, he has a little mascot on his page called Chilly DBA, here he is:


So he wanted me to put something on the computer housing unit.  And I came up with a penguin off of the Winter Frolic cartridge.


Now I didn't have any blue vinyl, so pencils and Gamsol to the rescue - it worked really well (I think).  I coloured them first, before weeding, and then used the Gamsol to even it out a little.


And here's a close up of the penguin, isn't he cute.


We decided to add his name too.  So here he is in all his glory - Chilly DBA.


I used the A Childs Year cartridge for the font and snow flakes and for the little icicles I used George and Basic Shapes to elongate a triangle.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting

20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation Karon,love your penguin.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen - it was "just a bit of fun" for my hubby:-)

      Delete
  2. Karon this is truly amazing!!! All that work!!! I have to say that is a very cute penguin.... I have never heard of a computer housing unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi. LOL - the housing unit is where all the bits and pieces of the computer are stored. Memory, cd writers, hard drive etc - we are so used to our laptops that contain everything aren't we:-)

      Delete
  3. Way to support the hubbs! chilly DBA is really cute and you've once again shown your talent for combining carts to great effect. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I thought it looks quite funny :-)

      Delete
  4. Too cute. Very creative. You made it look so much like the inspiration piece.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana I thought it might look a bit naff LOL. But hey its just hubby right! :-)

      Delete
  5. This is so awesome!! I love how you made the icicles...so creative!! And the penguin is absolutely adorable!! The housing unit looks amazing!! I hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, - its his all new all singing all dancing computer. It means he can store lots of code and stuff that them geeks seem to keep hold of LOL.

      Delete
  6. Hi Karon! Oh, how cute is this!! What a neat idea and looks awesome on there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I told hubby he can always remove it sometime LOL !

      Delete
  7. Oh how CUTE! What an adorable penguin and you are such a sweetheart to make this fun little guy for his computer!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly - he's so cute - oh and hubby too LOL :-) Thanks.

      Delete
  8. I was looking forward to learning more about this cute little guy!
    What a great project. I have to admit before i read your post i thought your cute little penguin design was stuck on a fridge which is why it said Chilly DBA. But how wrong was i!
    This is so sweet :)
    Hatty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Hatty - thanks, I hadn't even thought of that hmmmmmm!!

      Delete
  9. What a super "Cool" idea. I love how you colored it yourself. Just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh Chilly is so cute :)
    Great idea to colour your vinyl.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...