Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Simply Christmas #3

Hi my crafting friends, hope you are all having a good week so far.

Today's card is a little bit of a mish mash of cartridges.

Don't ask where the idea came from - it just seemed to come together.

Now, we all love pandas, right?  Well I do, and what better than to get a cuddly one for Christmas in your stocking.

For now, this is as close as your going to get.


Well, where do I start? The card base is a standard 6.5" by 5".

The panda is from the Pagoda cartridge (page 36) cut at 3".  I cut him in half, so that he would sit in the stocking.  I also used little pearl dots for his eyes.

For his arms, I actually used the easter egg from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 57) cut at 0.75".

The stocking is also from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 67) this was made fatter and measures approximately 4" high by 3.25".  The heel and toe were embossed with the Cuttlebug and the Snow flakes folder.

His little hat is from the Winter Frolic cartridge, its actually part of the Santa on page 53.  I used the Santa and shift, and Santa and layer - but used hide contour and just cut the hat.  It is cut at 1.25".


I added some sparkly white wool to his hat and the top of the stocking, and a miniature pom pom for the top of his hat.



Finally, the sentiment is also from the Winter Frolic cartridge (page 58, Phrase and Phrase shadow) cut at 1.5".  I lost the little dot for the i, as I wasn't paying attention, so added an itsy bitsy gem.

Hope you like my cute little panda.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Just Keep On Creating - Christmas is Around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

My Craft Spot: Monday Challenge #69 - Wild About You - include a wild animal (closes 23 Sept)

Challenges 4 Everybody: Challenge # 3 - Anything Goes (closes 28 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! I love the cotton and that little panda is the cutest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!! Love the sparkly white wool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! Love the cut and the texture you added!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I think he's cute:-)

      Delete
  4. oooh how cute is that i love it. Thanks for sharing with us at challenges4 everybody. Good luck. Hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable!! The added wool and pom pom are perfect touches!! The panda is so sweet!! What a fun card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love the embossing and the sparkly wool! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to pop in.

      Delete
  7. Awww such a cute card.
    I love the soft rim of the hat and stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hee Hee isn't he just:-) Thanks Sandy.

      Delete
  9. This is so sweet, Karon.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!MY!!This is so CUTE!Adorable!!The best Christmas Card ever!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    MIgdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love pandas they are just so sweet. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great, Karon!! You've done a super job combining different cuts to make one cute card! I LOVE the wool trim!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO adorable! That panda is super cute and I just love the sparkly wool!
    Hope you have a super night!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karon, your "mish mash" just turned out great! Your card is just super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...