Monday, 24 September 2012

Simply Christmas #5

Hi everyone, hope you are all had a lovely weekend.  Happy Monday.

"Deck the halls with bows of holly, fa la la la laa, la, la, la, laaaaaaaaaaa!!"

I enjoyed making this one and I really like the little ornaments.


The base is 6.5" by 5".

Layer 1 is cut at 6.25" by 4.75" and then layer 2 is cut at 6" by 4.5".  This second layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug and the Snowflakes folder.

The roundish ornaments are from the Winter Frolic cartridge (page 64) and cut at 1.5".

The middle ornament is from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 47), however I enlarged a hook from the same as above to add to this ornament and I added a little bling to the centre.


The sentiment is from the Winter Frolic cartridge (page 64) and cut at 2.5".

The sentiment layer is from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 55), I sized this to be 3" high by 3.5" wide.  I inked the edges a little and popped this up for some depth.



The little bit of holly is from the Winter Frolic cartridge (page 58), I used Hide contour as I only wanted the holly and this was  cut at 1.25".  I added some 3D Clear gloss to the berries to give them a little shine.

And there you go another card done for this year.  I hope this is making you think about getting started on yours:-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Just Keep on Creating - Christmas is Around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

Christmas Card Challenges #43 - Photo Inspiraiton (closes 29 Sept)

Allsorts Challenge Blog Week 173 - Inspired by a Song mine is "Deck the Halls" (closes 28 Sept)

PaperPlay Challenges Week 38 - Choose a Holiday (closes 26 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. this is beautiful!! I can not believe only 92 days till Christmas...yikes better start moving and making my cards...LOL
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - I'm sure there's something wrong with that ticker - its creeping down too quickly!

      Delete
  2. What a great little Christmas card this is. I just got my papers in the mail that I ordered for my Christmas cards and I can't wait to start them. I hope mine turn out as cute as yours thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks so much Sheila. Can't wait to see some of your Christmas cards:-)

      Delete
  3. love the colors fab embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Karon! The sentiment is really neat!
    Hope you have a lovely night!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. La, la, la la....this is so sweet! Love the embossing! Beautiful card!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another sweet Christmas card..you are really getting a jump start on your cards this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - are you bored yet:-)

      Delete
  7. What a pretty card! I love those tiny little ornaments and the bright, happy colors! I really need to put the Halloween paper aside and get started on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those little ornaments hanging on the ribbon great touch!

    Thanks for being inspired by a song this week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karon!
    Your card is so cute and fun! I love your title die cut! Reminds me of a Las Vegas sign! :) The ornaments are adorable, too! I always love your work when I stop by! Thanks so much for stopping to visit me!!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - have a good week.

      Delete
  10. Karon, this is gorgeous.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Karon. What a fun and cute card!!! Love how you've hung the pretty little ornaments on the ribbon! Someone is going to love receiving this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgosh Karon, your Christmas cards have been wonderful! I just can't seem to get in the mood for it yet, but the weather is getting cooler so I hope my thoughts soon turn to the holidays! :)
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria - appreciate the lovely comments :-)

      Delete
  13. Hi Karon you have me singing over here! Beautiful Card! I like the use of the ornaments. Great Card & TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much An'Jenic, have a great week.

      Delete
  14. This is so pretty!! I love the contrast of purple against the red and green!! The embossing is fabulous and so are the ornaments!! Love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - appreciate all your comments:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...