Saturday, 29 September 2012

Simply Christmas #7

Christmas is coming the robin's getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat!  I know, it's supposed to be goose, but this robin is no goose LOL.

One of my bloggie friends hadn't heard this rhyme before and I thought I would share you the rhyme it comes from, me being British an' all:-) (Now Canadian!)

      Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat
      Please put a penny in the old man's hat
      If you haven't a penny, a ha'penny will do
      If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!

Another digi image, this time a freebie from Angelique's blog Sliekje's Digi Stamps - please check out her blog - she has absolutely amazing freebies.


My robin is more like the sweet UK robin, I miss so much.  They are so small and have the most beautiful song.


The sentiment is a little wooden stamp, from an age old supply of mine.  I stamped it and then inked the edges of the circle and the image layer with red ink.  Both these layers are raised up on pop dots.

The backing paper is from a Recollections paper Christmas pack - sorry I'm not sure what its called.


A little ribbon to finish it off, hey I even managed to get the double sided ribbon tied properly so that the red showed on both tails :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Just Keep on Creating - Christmas is Around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #7: Animals (closes 30 Sept)

Lindas Crafty Piece of Heaven - Christmas Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.



28 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! I LOVE that little bird.. just too cute! I LOVE that little Merry Christmas with the trees too.. Its fantastic! Love those papers :) What a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is just sweet and amazing all at once. I have never worked with Digi stamps, so this card really struck my interest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - you really should give them a go there are so many out there, and so many themes:-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! I just LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the pink bird with the traditional Christmas colors... awesome card Karon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too adorable.Love it.That is a beautiful background with bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tartan at Christmas :-) Thanks so much.

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous Karon,love the image....great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen - I think I could have done a better job on the bird, but am pleased with it.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet card--that image is adorable. Thank you for creating with us at Eureka Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet card! I love that cute little image and love the plaid background paper! This card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, I love the beautiful robin. Thank you for entering my Christmas challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda:-) And good luck with organising your first challenge.

      Delete
  9. This is such a sweet card :) Such a cute image.
    I have never heard that rhyme before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - old British poem have now put it in the blog post, its also a kids sing song:-)

      Delete
  10. This is so darling, Karon, and I love that plaid paper.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to comprehend Christmas is fast approaching!
    Your card is adorable, luv it !
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, it certainly is creeping up on us.

      Delete
  12. Very sweet card. Thanks for playing along with the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  13. So sweet! I need to start making my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet!! The plaid background paper is fabulous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - you doing the rounds girl!:-)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...