Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Smell the roses.

Hi everyone, its that time of the month for me to share a project with all our friends and followers over at She's A Sassy Lady and of course with all you lovely peeps!  I hope you are all having a good week so far.

I'm currently loving this Recollections paper called Timeless, and my 8" by 3" card bases. After all, I am trying to use up my stash of pre-folded cards.


The first layer was cut at 7.75" by 2.75", and the second 6.75" by 1.75".  I wanted to show more of the bottom layer on this one. I inked all the edges of my layers with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink, Tea Dye.

The flowers are from the Art Philosophy cartridge, (page 69, Font Shift) cut at 3" and 2.5".  Its the first time I have actually got round to using this particular flower and I'm really pleased how they turned out.  I added a small pearl dot in the centre of each flower, and I have used glimmer mist on the flowers but it doesn't show up in the photo.


The leaves are also from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 43, Branch 1) cut at 3" length.  I embossed the leaves with a stylus to make them look a little more realistic.

The sentiment is from the CTMH stamp set that came with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The layers for the sentiment were cut at 3.25" by 1.25" and 3" by 1" and I popped this up using foam dots.


A little bow to finish off the card and I promise to have something a little more exciting next time :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Just Keep on Creating - Challenge #3: Anything Goes (closes 30 Sept)

Paper Pretties - Challenge PPMC57: Use Ribbon (closes 23 Sept)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #41: Celebrations (closes 28 Sept)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #76 (closes 20 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Karon,love the style,love the shape.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon, this card is BEAUTIFUL! I love the detail and the size of the card. Look at those beautiful flowers! They are awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - hope you are doing OK:-)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to out myself- I do not typically "like" the long thin sized cards. However, you are winning me over. I think I've lost track of all the beautiful cards you have made in this size. As I've said before, you're also selling me on the Recollections paper! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie - I'm glad you like them - why not give one a go:-) I thought they would be an awkward shape but they seem to be working well.

      Delete
  4. Your card is so elegant. The roses are a perfect touch with the beautiful pearl center. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is elegant and gorgeous, Karon!! The flowers are so beautiful...love the pearl centers!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! I just love those papers, the colors. And your flowers are beautiful! Just a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! So elegant. Lovely colors.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should be please with those flowers they are marvelous so pretty. really like the size of the card looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely card.
    I love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!! Love the colors you used and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley challenges.

    Liv Solveig (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  12. Karon, this is stunning; so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely, so chic! What beautiful flowers! Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  14. Karon this card is so stunning. I love the colors and those flowers are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...