Thursday, 25 October 2012

Back to Basics #1

"Oh no," I here you say "there's a number in the title."  That can only mean one thing on this blog!  Another series, LOL!

This will be interspersed with other projects of course, as I am so enjoying the colouring with my Spectrum Noir markers.

I got to thinking the other day (I know its terrible isn't it, me thinking!), that I haven't really been using my Cricut much lately and I was trying to think of different but basic things I could make.  You know those things that don't really take too long to make but can be used for gifts and maybe even craft shows (way in the future!).

So, I thought I would literally go back to basics and see what would happen.

Yesterday, I had a great day in the craft room and these were the result.


A set of 6 cards.  I was digging through my stash boxes, and I found a set of 6 cards and envelopes.  Plain cream with just the word Thank You, in gold lettering, on them and I decided they were the perfect size to remake into something prettier.  The bases were 5.125" by 3.75".


The flower, stamped on the blue paper, is from a Stampin' Up set called Reason to Smile.  I didn't want an overpowering stamp of this image, just suttle.


The image on this purple background, was a stamp from  a CTMH Stamp set called Blessed.  Again, its very faint, I hope you can see it, its better in person.


This butterfly stamp, on the orange background, is from a Recollection stamp set.

The banner on all the cards, is from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 68) cut at 3.25" and 3".  The stamp for the banner is from the CTMH stamp set that came with the Art Philosophy package.  The Just a Note.. and the Thank you, are from a Recollections sentiment stamp set.

This is the inside of  each of the cards, done in the same colours as the card.  Just the orange one to show you.  The butterfly stamp, on the inside, is from the CTMH Blessed set also.


I am going to make a box to go with these later in the week, which I shall, of course, share with you.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Karon!!! I love these!!! They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! Love the colors!!!!
    Awesome job Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Karon,love the simplicity of them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen - thank you, thats what it is very basic:-)

      Delete
  4. Love those CAS cards so well planned on them...Sometimes they are more fun to make when taking a break from colouring....

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful Karon! what a nice set...makes me think I need to do some of there for the upcoming holidays!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria - thank you. May be a set of birthday cards next:-)

      Delete
  6. Karon, these are great. A very nice set of cards! Some times you just need to go back to the basics and do some simple things and it works!

    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set of cards. Anyone would be pleased to get this as a gift set or to simply receive one in the mail. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set of cards!I would love to see the finish box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yoshira - box is posted tomorrow:-)

      Delete
  9. great job love the idea of getting back to basics your cards turned out beautifuly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I think sometimes we just need to sit back and have a re-think:-)

      Delete
  10. These look really nice. I like the clean and simple look they have!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards :)
    I just finished making a set of cards for a Christmas gift. I have yet to do the box as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, yours were awesome - can't wait to see your gift box, mine is posted tomorrow:-)

      Delete
  12. Karon,
    Your cards are all so pretty! I love the colors and the insides! Thanks for sharing them with us all! Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather Lynn, thank you and you too:-)

      Delete
  13. You are telling me that you had a great day in your craft room! this are just beautiful! I like your back to basic idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arin, appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  14. WOW... we should all take a step back to the basics. These cards are beautiful.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon these are all beautiful and who wouldn't LOVE to receive these lovely cards!! Gotta love the basic:) Thank you for stopping by today have a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma, thank you:-) You have a great weekend too!

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...