Friday, 19 October 2012

Blue Birds of Love

Hi all my bloggie friends.  Today I am Guest Designer over at Little Scrap Pieces , Karen (yep there are many of us!) asked me if I would do a card to be a theme for one of her Fun Friday Challenges.

The theme this week is Use Blue.  Karen is also offering a fabulous prize to the winner of Tim Holtz Broken China and some blue crinkle ribbon, so get crafting and head on over to enter your creation.

I hope you will go along and link up your creations this week and I'll be along to leave some bloggie love if you do :-)

I'm really into the digi stamps and colouring at the moment.  I thought this image was so sweet and I'm thinking it could be used as an Anniversary card, or even a wedding card with different papers and a sentiment.

The image is from Angelique's blog Sliekje's Digi Stamps.  Please visit as her digis are amazing.



I used pencils and gamsol for my colouring.  The base layers are papers from my stash, the brown layer with the butterflies is from the DCWV stack Blossoms and Butterflies.


The sentiment is an InkADinkADo stamp.  I inked the edges of the sentiment and the coloured image, with blue.

A little ribbon and some pearl dots to finish off.


And the inside of my card which I'm now getting in to the habit of doing :-)


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Perfect Sentiments Challenge - One Year Birthday/Anniversary Challenge # PSC53D Birds and Blooms (closes 30 Oct - #4)

Red Carpet Studio - RCS #7: The Birds (closes 20 Oct)

Bearly Mine Challenges - Challenge #57: Anything Goes (closes 22 Oct)

Creative Craft Challenges2 - Third Blogaversary Challenge - Use three of something (three pearls)

The Stamp Man - October Challenge: Butterflies, Birds and Bees (closes 31 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!Lovely Image!Congrats on being this weeks Guest Designer at LSP.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon thanks so much for making such a beautiful card for me hope you have a great weekend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me contribute to your fabulous blog challenges:-)

      Delete
  3. this is so pretty!! congrats on being a Guest over at Little Scrap Pieces!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. Nice colours and such a sweet image.
    Finishing off the insides of the cards just makes them complete doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, and yes, now I am getting into the habit of doing the insides, it looks so bare without it.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Karon!! I love the beautiful image and you colored it perfectly!! So pretty!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Karon,love the image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Beautiful colors and those birds are adorable. TFS
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D, hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. Congrat on your GDT spot! lovely card Karon and great job on the coloring...
    Enjoy your crafty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirl - thank you and you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet, sweet card! That image is just darling and your coloring is fabulous! Congrats on your guest designer spot - you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card so sweet congrats on your GD spot over at Karen's. Love the challenge you two came up with!
    Have a great weekend my friend, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana - hope you have a fab weekend too:-)

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful card! LOVE that darling image! And your coloring is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I have still yet to try the bargello technique - will get round to it:-)

      Delete
  12. Karon your card is beautiful and dainty... just love it and I can't get over how fast you are learning to use your alcohol pens!!! You rock!!! I have to get into the habit of doing the inside of my cards as well. Good on you! I have a free snowman digital on my blog today seeing you are into digitals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  14. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your freebies are fab thank you!

      http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

      Delete
  15. Your image is just so pretty and your coloring - fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at the Perfect Sentiment Birthday Blog Hop. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...