Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Isn't life grand!

Hi all my crafty peeps - I have a bit of news to share with you today.

Pam from The Bug Bytes emailed me back in September and asked me if I would like to be a regular guest designer on her blog, along with all the of her other fabulous DT members and as I am writing this today, you now know I said yes!

It is such a wonderful feeling to be approached in this way and I love to be able to share my simple creations with so many wonderful people.  I am to be guest designer on the first Wednesday of every month.

Today, I would like to share with you a card I made using a new technique (to me) called triple stamping.  I think you can probably stamp as many times as you want - it all depends how many layers you would like.  I feel this card could be used for an anniversary/birthday, maybe even valentines.


Anyway, I stamped my image three times.  The stamp is from a set called Reason to Smile and its made by Stampin' Up.  I won the set as blog candy back at the end of August from Pam at Paper Diva.

Just to be different I didn't cut mine into squares/rectangles, I decided to cut mine on the angle for the layers.  No particular reason, just because I could LOL.


The card base is one of my 8" by 3" pre-folded card stock, bought in the UK many moons ago:-)

The first two layers are papers from the Recollections pack called Timeless.  I really do love this set of papers.  These layers were cut at 7.75" by 2.75" and then 7" by 2" as I wanted the first layer to show, I then inked all the edges.

I used Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink on the flower and sentiment layers and inked the edges on these too.



The red ribbon/trim is from my stash and I thought it worked well on this card.

Thanks Pam, for inviting me along to your blog.

This card if being entered in the following challenges.

Crafty Ribbon Challenges - Challenge #29: Anything but Square (closes 10 Oct)

Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #122: 3-2-1 Recipe plus a sentiment (3 layers to my triple stamp, 2 designer papers and 1 ribbon) (closes 6 Oct)

Just Keep On Creating - Challenge #4: Anything Goes (closes 31 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

49 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. I love the long panel design. And the way you have layered the flower by the strips. Welcome to thebugbytes. Wonderful debut project. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and leaving such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. Karon, another gorgeous card , I love how you did the rectangles on an angle , I really love this stamping technique! That ribbon is so unique and I love how you put it behind the stamped images...remarkable job! Congrats on being guest designer!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design. I like the idea of triple stamping. I might have to use it in the near future! Congrats on the design invite. You have set out and accomplished what you intended. What a great inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andie - thank you so much - I really never thought I would get so much enjoyment out of this thing called blogging. Made so many new friends and learning along the way too.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! And what a beautiful card! I love triple stamping!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is grand and so is this card love the red going down the center...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous ,love the image and fab technique.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrtulations!! Your card is just beautiful and I love the card size! I used this technique last week and LOVE it!! Great job and Thank you for stopping by today and have a fabulous day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Ditto Norma, Have a great rest of the week.

      Delete
  8. Lovely project, so original. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  9. Karon!!! This is SO beautiful!!! I LOVE these long cards!! Just stunning!! I love the layers!!! I LOVE how you cut it at angles and made it your own ;) Congrats on getting invited .. so well deserved!! Just beautiful!

    And you know exactly what I'm going through with immigration having gone it through it yourself! :) Its a hurry and wait for the first part.. my gosh they take their time don't they?? LOL I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - thanks so much for the lovely comment. So many ups and downs to deal with when it comes to immigration, but it will all come together:-)

      Delete
  10. Way to Go!Congrats on GD.love the patterns on card.Great stamping technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the triple stamping! Congrats on GD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beeee-uuuu-ti-ful! I love the stamping technique you used for this card - it's just gorgeous! Congrats on your new Design Team position! I look forward to seeing all of your fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, that is great! I'm so excited for you!! You're going to be great!! I'll be visiting BB to check you out!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours on this card, some of my favourites.
    I really like the triple stamping and how you put them on different angles, so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, Karon. Congrats on your new position. You are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie - thank you so much.

      Delete
  16. This is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
    PS: Hope you will play along with our BLOG HOP over at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and if I get chance later I will hop along:-)

      Delete
  17. Congratulations--well deserved!!! Enjoy your time as their designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this card is GORGEOUS! I can see why you've been asked to be a guest designer :D CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Norma, what a lovely comment.

      Delete
  19. Congrats! I am so glad others are recognizing your wonderful talents.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Karon!! This card is so beautiful!! The triple stamping looks amazing!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa - I'll be doing more of this triple stamping:-)

      Delete
  21. Congratulations honey - such a well deserved spot too!!

    Love your creations and this one is no exception.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight in our Anything But Square challenge.

    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen - DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping and taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  22. I am so glad I scrolled down some more because I love this vintage look. It is quite beautiful! Good luck on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your GDT gig! How fun is that for you! Your talent is just amazing and this card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW - thanks Arin. I'm so humbled by the comments I have been getting.

      Delete
  24. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...