Monday, 1 October 2012

Men cards - ahhh!

Hi everyone, here we are the start to another month, I really don't know where the time is going.

Spark your Creativity Challenge number 2 is starting today at Pin and Tack.  Its Anything Goes so its time to share all those wonderful cards/scrapbook layouts and projects that you feel you would like to share with everyone.  It runs from 1st October to the 31st October, so get creating and you can enter as many times as you like.


Our sponsors this month are Pin and Tack Handcrafted Designs with a prize of a Micro Clothes Pin Banner Kit.

And our very own DT member Deanne from A Little Bit o' Paper is offering these lovely 18" x 28" pieces of fabric.

Deanne's Prize

So get your creative juices flowing and then get on over to Spark Your Creativity and enter the challenge this month.  You just never know, you may be the winner:-)

OK, admit it! How many of you stay away from making male cards.  I know I do, I just really don't know where to start when it comes to men cards.

As my little bit of inspiration for you this month I thought I would make an effort to do a card suitable for a man!

Some of you, that have been following my blog, will know I have been using this Recollections paper called Timeless and trying to use up the big stash of  long thin cards that I bought many moons ago.

So I was looking at the papers and trying to see what I could come up with to make a male card and this is what resulted.



What do you think?  Is it man enough?

The leaves are all from the Flower Shoppe cart and were cut at 1.5".

I embossed the strip behind the leaves with the Cuttlebug and one of the folders from the Paper Lace 2 companion set.



The sentiment is from CTMH stamp set that came with the Art Philosophy cartridge.

I think it came out quite well, let me know how you overcome the need to make man cards.  Where do you get your inspiration from when you need one.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #C4C156: Have Leaves on your project (closes 5 Oct)

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - PWC 225: Fall Inspired (closes 2 Oct)

Frosted Designs - Fabulous Friday Challenge: Embossing (closes 4 Oct)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #78: Anything Goes (closes 4 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

40 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card!! Beautiful manly colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me! Me! Me! I stay away from making masculine cards when possible!! Yours turned out very masculine and beautiful at the same time! I love everything, the shape of your card, the leaves are awesome! , the pattern paper (so manly) and the positioning of your sentiment..you did an amazing job Karon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone admitted it, makes me feel good that I'm not the only one:-) Thanks Naomi:-)

      Delete
  3. Stunning!! I LOVE that card!!! LOL And yes.. I admit it.. They are just tough!! But this card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - someone else admits it too LOL! Thanks Susan.

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Karon~ very pretty fall card.... Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some sweet comments...
    Enjoy your lovely day my new friend...
    Shirl~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for popping by:-)

      Delete
  6. love the length of the card make the embossing in the center stand out. Love the muted earthtone colors beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!What a Beautiful card!!Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and love the design of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done- I agree that the Man Card is a tough one. I see you are rockin' the Recollections paper again (*I think*).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie - yep Recollections again:-) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Karon it turned out perfectly. So beautiful.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean...cards for men are just more difficult. After all, using flowers and pink just might not work. Ha, ha. But you did a fabulous job. I think it passes the manly enough test. :)
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy - men, always so difficult and not just for making cards LOL!

      Delete
  12. What a lovely (in a manly sorta way) card! I love the soft, muted colors and the layers are just fantastic! The embossing adds a great touch and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Tanya:-)

      Delete
  13. stunning card! I love the colors and the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  14. Great card! Love all the different papers you used and the embossing looks great! I'm a new follower! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thanks for becoming my latest follower:-)

      Delete
  15. This is a great masculine card.
    Great colours and I really like those stamped leaves.
    For me it seems to start with the image, as I am so enjoying colouring right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am heading the way of digis, Tracy, I am enjoying the colouring too - some news later in the week:-)

      Delete
  16. Lovely card.I love the colors!! thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card. Beautiful but masculine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also need to get hold of you because you won my blog candy for the Sci-Fi hop. I need an address as to where to send the paper and to congratulate you. You can message me on facebook with your address. My real name is Jearise or you can email me at jearise at gmail dot com. Congratulations once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - :-)) I have emailed you:-)

      Delete
  19. This is a perfect man card!! The embossed strip looks fabulous and I love the leaves!! Gorgeous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased how this turned out:-)

      Delete
  20. love this card. Man cards are so difficult and you just nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...