Friday, 5 October 2012

Simply Christmas #8

Yes, another Christmas card, I know!  But I'm almost at the end of this series :-)  That's not to say that I won't be doing any more though, I may just sneak in one or two over the build up to Christmas.

This digi is from A Creative Need, I won a gift certificate for some digis earlier in the year and this is one of the digi stamps I picked.


The sentiment is from the Winter Frolic cartridge (page 44), cut with the shadow at 1.5" on white cardstock.  I then coloured the sentiment using the same pencils as the snowman's scarf and mittens.


I added three holographic snow flakes and two pearl dots to finish him off.


Quite a short post today, but hope its giving you some inspiration to get those cards done.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #122: Recipe 3-2-1 (S snowflakes, 2 pearl dots and 1 digi image) (closes 6 Oct)

Forever Friends - Fortnightly Challenge #46: Anything Goes (closes 13 Oct)

Totally Stampalicious - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 7 Oct)

Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges - Challenge #51: Anything Goes (closes 9 Oct)

Just Keep On Creating - Christmas is Around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

40 comments:

  1. Oh Karon this is adorable!! I LOVE that snowman!!!!I love the pink and teal.. just gorgeous!!! I need to get busy on some Christmas cards.. I just have way too much fun with Halloween LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww how adorable is this!!! I need to get a move on my christmas cards!
    Love this!
    TFS and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Karon,love the image....fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love those snowflakes and the Snowman! A really cute Christmas card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy - really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Karon
    This is so sweet. I love it. great that uyou are getting your holiday cards going a head of time

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana - thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I like the choice of a shiny green cardstock as the backdrop. It really sets off the image nicely. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie - Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  7. Hi Karon,
    I am so late with my Christmas cards!!A very Lovely Card!Thanks for the inspiration..
    I hope thst I am on your Christmas cards list...LOL
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL send me your address:-) Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete
  8. Awww another sweet Christmas card. You will be finished your cards in no time.
    I really like the dimension you added with the snowflakes and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - I'll have to move onto Valentines (but then there'd only be one as I only have one Valentine:-))

      Delete
  9. AWWW! He is so cute! Your coloring on the snowman is great - what do you use to color your stamps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori - thanks so much, I just use pencils and gamsol:-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying - I thought you used Copics! You do a lovely job.

      Delete
    3. Hi Lori - I'm waiting on a delivery of Spectrum Noir pens and hoping to give them a go. Copics were just too expensive for me:-)

      Delete
  10. Oh Karon!!! These colors have to be the best colors I have ever seen for Christmas....I wish I had seen this before I choose my colors for Christmas this year because now I am tempted to start over... SPACTACULAR!!!!!! That digital is sooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon this card is fabulous. You do great coloring.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darn cute Karon... Love that festive snowman! The back ground papers are also awesome with the image....
    TFS - hope you are having a lovely weekend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirl - hope you are too:-)

      Delete
  13. Wonderful card Karon :D
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card, love that snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon I love the snowman and the bling snowflakes....super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable! TFS.
    I'm going to try and recreate it with Cricut cuts and CCR.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D - you'll have to send me a picture:-)

      Delete
  17. Absolutely adorable!! I really need to start my Christmas cards...you are inspiring me!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...