Sunday, 28 October 2012

Sunshine Award

Hi my super crafting and blogging friends.  My apologies for the late in the day post, but it took me a while to think about this one!

I am honored and humbled to receive another blog award:-)  This award is called the Sunshine Blogger Award and it was given me by the very talented and crafty Norma of Pink Bling Crafter.  Thank you so much Norma :-)


Guess what - I get to pay it forward:-)

Here are the rules:

1.  Include award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself. (I might have to pinch a few!)
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.

Question 1.  What was the last good book series you read?

Diana Gabaldon series The Outlander Series about Jamie and Claire; I couldn't put these down.

Question 2.  Name one place in the world you would love to visit.

The Grand Canyon, but there's no way you will get me walking out on that glass bridge or taking a helicopter ride!

Question 3.  Why did you emigrate to Canada?

Thought a few of you might want to know the answer to this question.  We wanted a whole new start in life with our children and we got it.  We have no regrets at all about leaving the UK, other than maybe some proper fish and chips by the seaside LOL!

Question 4.  What do you enjoy most about crafting?

I love the peace and quiet, and I also enjoy the looks on peoples faces when you give them something you have made.  I also love creating something from virtually nothing:-)

Question 5.  Why did you start up your blog?

I wanted a way to record my creations and ideas, and to be able to share this with like minded people.  It also gave me a little more purpose in life when I hit a low!

Question 6.  What is one of your worst qualities?

I find it really hard to take a compliment, and always feel people are just being nice and putting up with me.  Even my husband finds it annoying, but he literally does put up with me LOL!

Question 7.  What is one of my best qualities? (Sorry I lifted this question, its getting hard - my brain hurts!)

I am very loving and giving and always try to help if I can. ( I'm biased so what can I say!)

Question 8.  How did you meet your husband?

I met Andy at 20000ft (maybe more LOL) we are both ex Royal Air Force and we were passengers in an airplane, flying home for the holidays from Cyprus.  His first letter to me was addressed to Passenger 17G from Passenger 17F as I am not very good at introducing myself!  His letter went through three forces post offices to reach me in Cyprus, (he was based in the UK), I thought I had better reply and the rest they say is history:-)  In fact we have been married 17 years today!

Question 9.  Who do you miss most?

I miss my Mum.  She passed in 2003 and I miss her every day.  I miss going shopping with her and having all the laughs and tears that we shared.  She was a very young 60 when she passed and the kids have misssed having one awesome Nanny.

Question 10.  What couldn't you live without?

My family and my friends - they make me laugh, they make me cry and I would be lost without them all.

I never knew how hard asking yourself 10 questions could be!

I am passing the award to the following bloggie friends - I hope you will accept:-)


2. Andie and Brandy - Contagiously Crafty

3. Tracy - Tracys Treasures



6. Pamela - Loving My Crafts



9. Doreen - Doreen's Dream

10. Migdalia - Crafting with Creative M

11. Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts


And my list could just go on and on:-)  Thank you to everyone that takes the time to visit and to support me in my blogging life:-)  You all make me smile, laugh and also inspire me each and every day and for that I am truly grateful.

22 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Karon,I feel honoured you thought of me.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Doreen - I am glad you accepted:-)

      Delete
  2. Awww Karon, thank you so much for thinking of me! You have made my day! Like you, I am going to have to give this one some thought. I will try to post in a few days...today is not a good "thinking day" for me...lol! Love the story of how you and your hubby met...very romantic! Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya - and your welcome:-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely story about how you an your hubby met HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome to my blog and for being my latest follower:-)

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! thanks Karon.. You are so awesome!!! I will accept it.. I'm excited :) It was so awesome to read about you too!!! I love reading how you met your husband!! How sweet is he!!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - I'm glad you have accepted, you are so welcome.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me, Karon!! I will add it to my blog with pride!! I loved reading your questions/answers!! I literally could not put down the Outlander series, either!! It's been like 10 years since I've read the first few books...I need to reread them :) And what a sweet story about how you met your husband...so romantic!! Happy anniversary!! Thanks again and have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa - you welcome! Glad you accepted.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your award and I enjoyed reading you answers to your questions.

    Thanks for passing the award onto me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy and your very welcome:-)

      Delete
  7. What a fun award! And I really enjoyed reading your questions and answers! What a great story on how you and your hubby met! Congrats! (for the award and on meeting him!)

    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon- Congratulations. You've more than earned every honor and recognition. What an honor for you to share so. I have had a busy weekend with a birthday celebration for my mom. I'll get with Brandy and get a post out promptly. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie - you are so very welcome:-) and thank you:-)

      Delete
  9. Oh My goodness....You deserve this Fabulous Award.Love the Q & A..I took my time reading and then I went back to re-read them again...WOW!!Your answers brought me joyful tears.:-) Thank You for thinking of me and allowing me to get to know you as the wonderful and loving person that I know you are.....
    I will be posting the Sunshine Award with your name.Thanks again....
    Sending a HUGE amount of bloggie love,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW Migdalia - thank you so so so much. You too really deserve this and can't wait to read your Q&A:-) Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Hi Karon, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby!! I agree, you totally deserve this award. You are always so sweet when you stop by for a visit and I so appreciate that you visited my niece's blog when I posted one of her projects. You even became a new follower of hers. Thank you so much my friend, I'm so touched that you thought of me. Thinking of the questions to ask yourself seems kinda hard but I'm gonna give a go tonight ;D (wish me luck, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma - I am glad you will accept the award - your nieces art work is awesome and can't wait to see more:-) Norma you are such an inspiration to everyone and I really do not know where you go when you are creating things, but it has to be somewhere wonderful as your creations are amazing:-)

      Delete
  11. Hi Karon:) I really enjoyed reading more about you and you so deserve this award because your lovely comments and you brighten my day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma - thanks so much for giving me the award, I so enjoyed being able to pay it forward and for letting people know a little more about me:-) Hugs.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...