Tuesday, 27 November 2012

A lightweight Christmas card.

Hi my crafty friends.  Today my card is all about making a card that can be posted overseas and not cost an absolute fortune. It's all to do with size and weight lately.

I needed to make a card that had minimal thickness and minimal embellishments.  I have quite a few to send back to the UK and thought this would be an ideal one.  Also means I have a few ideas for some other's I could do too.


I used the Polka Doodles CD Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  This is a pre-coloured image and I merged the sentiment (also found on the CD) just by using Microsoft Word. 


There are lots of images on this CD that are so cute, sentiments, frames, digital images for you to colour, including this one; papers, even ginger bread boys and girls :-)

These images are so fun to work with and you can manipulate them in so many ways. 

The snowflake is from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 35) cut at 1" and 0.75".  I used some pearlised paper from my stash.

My card base is 5.5" by 4.25" wide, so you can get two card bases from one piece of 8.5" by 11" card stock.  I used Kraft card stock for the base, the other papers are from my stash.


The little tree stamp is from my age old selection of stamps from the UK.  The card and envelope actually weighs 22g, so I am within the 30g limit and within the standard size limit.

Guess what, I'll be making more of this type :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card I love the tree. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, Karon! Beautiful card.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! That scene is beautiful!! What a fabulous Christmas card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Karon~ love that Christmas tree and the back ground scene...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Karon,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card, Karon. The details are so intricate that it doesn't seem much like a "lightweight" card. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Karon!!! I love the colors.. that tree is awesome! Its perfect.. will travel well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about your card...super job! Im sure it will be treasured by the person that receives it. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Karon.. I do hand cut everything LOL I'm a freak!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty card. That tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He leaves on Monday.. so we have less than a week!! I can't wait until we are done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon the card is just awesome! I so want to make my cards and haven't even started. This is GORGEOUS! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty and so well designed, Karon. Why not enter it at my challenge blog - Avadares?
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! I need to "downsize" My cards, I could not even get some of them in the envelope! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lightweight maybe - but still gorgeous! Love the soft blue frame and beautiful Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is so gorgeous, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card. I'm fascinated with the CD just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW thanks everyone - what lovely comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect.... Love the image and colors. It would be a delight to receive this lovely card in the mail and should ship well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous! It takes true talent to create a masterpiece like this while keeping it so mailing-friendly. The image and sentiment are lovely, as are the papers you paired with it. The snowflakes are so pretty! This will be such a blessing to the recipient. Beautiful work, once again. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I make light weight cards for Operation Write Home for the same reason. This one is wonderful!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!Gorgeous Card!Just Lovely!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...