Friday, 16 November 2012

Butterfly Kisses

Hi everyone, its Friday and my first contribution to the wonderful world of Polka Doodles.  Every week there is a new challenge that starts on a Friday and you have 10 days to enter, so this week you have until 12 noon GMT on Sunday 25 November to get those creations entered.

The theme for this weeks Challenge #46  is "Make a Square card with something round on it", here is what I came up with.


My card base is 5" by 5" using Kraft card stock, and the backing papers are from my scrap box, I have inked round the edges of the layers and the scallop circles.

I cut two scallop circles with my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  They were cut at 3" and 2.5" - these are my round elements.

The butterfly and the flower are both from the Polka Doodles CD - Studio 12 CD, Picknix Collection 1, In the Garden.  The images I used are pre-coloured but they are also available on the CD as black and white digital images for you to colour.

The butterfly was cut out twice and popped up at the body only and I added some decorative wire for the antennae.  The flower was cut twice in two different sizes and then layered to give the 3D effect.


The sentiment is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls, that I bought in the UK many moons ago. I also placed this sentiment scallop up on pop dots.

A little look at the inside with the same papers as the front, and the butterfly stamp is from the same set as the sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by today and hope you will go along and enter your wonderful creations in this weeks challenge at Polka Doodles.  You do not need to use Polka Doodle images to enter, of course we would all love to see what you create with these amazing products if you do, and there are lots of fabulous prizes.

Happy crafting everyone.

21 comments:

  1. Love your card fab design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love the butterfly and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colours, Karon! Warm and inviting - just what we need in this weather! Fab treatment of the butterfly. I'm definitely going to try it out. TFS.

    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Karon!! such a beautiful butterfly & your colors are brilliant!
    hugs & blessings

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Karon~ love the special details you did to your card... Great papers and colors too.
    Enjoy your day and weekend ahead~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Karon!! I love the gorgeous colors!! The butterfly and flower are awesome!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Karon, I love the vibrant colours.
    Anj
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, this is gorgeous. I love the color palette. You colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie - and the coloured compliment, however they were pre-coloured images in this case:-) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  10. Your card is so pretty Karon, I love the butterfly.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so pretty! What beautiful, colorful images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card.
    That butterfly is so pretty and I like that its wings are popped up :)
    Thank you for the "right as rain" info. I use a lot of British quotes..not sure where I learned them from though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Karon! I love your card and the butterfly is perfect. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. HUGS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much my crafty friends:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Karon. I love the colors and the butterfly is fabulous my friend.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! I LOVE this beautiful butterfly card! So bright and cheerful!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...