Monday, 12 November 2012

Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone, where are the weeks going?!!  Monday again and guess what - I had laundry yesterday, so I made this card.  I love laundry day - the timer goes on I put a load in and then craft, unload, craft, unload etc etc :-)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I have a friend that is moving house, and as it's an overseas address I wanted to make a card that was not embellishment heavy because of postage.


I used the Polka Doodle CD Studio12 - Picknix 1 collection.  The digital image and all the papers and the sentiments are from this CD.  No added extras!  (Other than a little brown paper for the first layer on the inside of my card.)

I used my Spectrum Noir pens to colour the image.  I am so pleased with how this came out.  But, lesson learned - when an image has a lot of detail, don't print it out at 2.75" in height.  Don't look to close, is all I can say! Even my husband was impressed with how this turned out :-)


I went around the main image with the Spectrum Noir pen IG1.  Its the first time I have done that and I think its quite effective.  The wooden elements were coloured with GB8, GB10 and EB5.  The grass was just CG1 and DG2. The base of the bird house and the heart door were EB1 and EB2.

All the paper layers were inked around the edges.  The image and those middle layers are placed on pop dots, just to add a little dimension to the card.


I learnt something new today  - I can merge digital sentiments onto digital papers. Now as to whether I can do it again - that's another matter :-)


So there you have it - a lovely all in one card.  And its off to the post office today to get it in the mail.

This card is being entered into the following challenges.

Forever Friends Challenge blog - November Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 5 Dec)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #7: Anything Goes (closes 23 Nov)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #45: Anything Goes (closes 23 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

54 comments:

  1. Fabuous card karon love the layout and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline - thank you so much:-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card,love your fab image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! LOVE the great image!!!
    TFS and have a GREAT Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - thank you and hope you had a good day too.

      Delete
  4. Oh Karon, these are adorable!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Karon. The shading on the birdhouse is subtle, adding dimension and clearly indicating the care you took to make the card. Funny- I spent the day doing layouts and laundry too. I admire your prompt blogging. It will take a little for me to get those photographed and up on the blog. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andie - I was really please with how weathered the bird house looks. So loving these pens:-)

      Delete
  6. Love it! Such an adorable bird house home and I love the little banner too. Beautifully colored!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on how the time is flying!!!! I am just in love with this card! Your cards are done with such perfection... how do you not just frame them and hang them in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arin - this is probably the first card I have actually mailed out, I really hate seeing them leave the house LOL. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous card, Karon!! You colored the image so beautifully!! This is fabulous...your friend will love it!! Have a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - hubby mailed it earlier for me:-)

      Delete
  9. Love your pretty cards! Wonderful coloring and image you used! Great job as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my sweet friend:) I hope you had a fantastic weekend!! WOW! the coloring is just fantastic Karon, I also love the colors and the touch of the white border and loved the inside! Have enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for always stopping by with your sweet comments!!
    Big Hug,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma - thank you so much - I really appreciate all your wonderful comments too:-) Thanks for stopping by and doing the rounds! Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Karon, this is beautiful. That's a sweet image and you colored it beautifully. You brought it to life. Your friend will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image great colors beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super sweet, Karon. Blessing hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely, lovely card! The layout is beautiful and your image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Karon, it's really a fabulous card! What a great image colored perfectly!
    Hope you have a nice evening!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, really pretty, I like that strip of lace running down the side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Missy - thats all on the paper, not real lace:-) Thanks.

      Delete
  17. gorgeous card,love the colours and layout. Thank you for joining the Dream Valley
    Challenge this fortnight. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, Karon. The birdhouse is so beautifully coloured...and I did look closely! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asha - thanks so much:-) Ah ha! you read the post:-)

      Delete
  19. What a darling card, love the birdhouse and the banner, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, this is really lovely. You are a talented lady. That is a sweet little image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment - thank you Lori:-)

      Delete
  21. Hello,
    so cute card. I love colors. Thank you for joining us to Dream Valley challenges.
    Hugs!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're a quick one! You were able to make this while doing laundry?! People always ask me how long it takes and I just stare blankly because I have no clue!!! Every time I tell myself to time it, I fail. I realized that I can't sit myself down for a specific period of time to work straight through. Oh well!

    Best, Eileen

    P.S. Love all the earthy tones you matched up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen - thanks so much. Thats what my timer is for, other wise I get immersed in what I'm doing and the laundry doesn't get done LOL :-)

      Delete
  23. What an adorable image.....I love bird houses. Your colouring is fabulous, another great card Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card.You coloring is Fab.Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, your card is really stunning! Love the image and a great layout!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Dream Valley.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Dream Valley Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous and beautifully coloured . Thanks for sharing at challenges 4 everybody . hugs trisha DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely Home Sweet Home card, love the layers and brown shades.

    Thanks for joining the FOREVER FRIENDS MONTHLY CHALLENGE - anything goes

    Hugs FF DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...