Friday, 9 November 2012

My Calender Blog Hop - well not mine but ...

Participating in my First Blog Hop

Welcome to our My Calender Blog Hop

Minis... flips..... anything goes
How do you keep organized?
We wanted to share with you some
of our favorite calender creations!

Lissa Marie is out hostess for this hop.
We have the wonderful Shannon Leffew Keith
sponsoring this hop!  One lucky person will
win a set of her handmade flowers!  To win you will need to comment
on each blog, with a way to get hold of you.

If you arrived here from Lori at Scrappin' My Stress Away,
you are right on track!  If you just
happened to find this fun hop you can head
back to Lissa Marie's Blog to make sure
you don't miss a thing.

This is my first ever blog hop and I therefore have a little bit of blog candy to give away, but more about that later.

Today I would like to share with you my creation.   The most fabulous tutorial for this project can be found here at Brenda's blog Qbee's Quest.  She really has an amazing blog with lots of neat stuff and fabulous tutorials, you just have to check it out.

Here's a sneak peak of my creation which I shall show in full further down in this post :-)


I followed Brenda's tutorial up to where you had to cut the drawer shapes.  I do not have a punch that would cut these out, so of course I turned to my Cricut and the craft room.  I welded together a square and some circles (from George and Basic Shapes) to get the correct shape and size.  I was able to cut out all 25 drawers on one 12" by 12" mat.  Here is a screen shot of the layout.


And here is one of them cut and scored just like Brenda's punched ones.


I used a sheet from Tim Holtz Seasonal 12" by 12" stack to line the front of each of my drawers.


Again I didn't have a number stamp set, so using the font from A Child's Year I cut out all the numbers at 0.75".  Then used a brad through the top centre of each drawer.


For the base I cut two scalloped rectangles from the Cricut Craft Room Basics, sized at 8.25" by 3.75" and 7.5" by 3".  I embossed both these layers with my Cuttlebug and the Snowflakes folder.  I also cut the back piece to fit the back of the box and extended it above to add the final decor.  The top half of the backing has been embossed also.


Here is a close up of the top of the calender.


The tree is from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 31) cut at 4" and popped up.

The sleigh is from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 53) flipped and cut at 2.5" and also popped up.

The presents came from the Winter Frolic Cartridge (page 46, layer and layer shift), using hide contour to get rid of the items I didn't want I cut them out a couple of times and then mixed and matched the bows and boxes. 

And here is my finished project.


I hope you like it.

Now I mentioned some blog candy.  To qualify please be or become a follower of my blog and leave a comment below saying that you are or have done so (if a newbie follower leave your blog details and I will come follow you too!).  Its as easy as that.  I will do the draw the old fashioned way and let my daughters help make the draw, you have until Monday at midday and I will post the winner on Tuesday 13th November.

Here it is, just something little :-)



Thanks for hopping with us, we hope to have inspired your desire to create a calender too!  Please head on over to Suzanne of Zannie Berry,  to continue along the path of inspiration.

Here is a list of all the stops just in case you get lost.

Karon - Karon's Krafty Korner ------ you are here!
Suzanne - Zannie Berry ------ next !
Christine - Hot Berry Designs

I am entering my advent calender in the following challenges.

DL ART - Thankful Thursday: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #84: Anything Goes (closes 15 Nov)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #5: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Everday is an Occasion - Sunday Funday #3 (closes 30 Nov)

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes - optional twist something for Christmas (closes 12 Nov)

Happy crafting.

62 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project to share on your first bloghop great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I am already a follower yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - you sure are:-) Have a good weekend Diana.

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh Karen you are so amazing. Thank you so much for being a part of the hop. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lissa - thank you so much for letting me take part:-)

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous project it's gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! Gorgeous!! So much work you put into that.. it is amazing!! Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - thank you so much my bloggie friend:-)

      Delete
  6. love your project!! very creative...new follower. awesome blog candy

    robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower:-)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness...what an amazing project! Lots of TLC went into this one. Love all the different papers, the blue sleigh really stands out and the mat underneath is just beautiful. Must learn to use CCR!!! Thanks for sharing msmith38652@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for becoming a follower.

      Delete
  8. What a clever and adorable calendar! So cute! I am a new follower:)
    My blog is, Crazy About Cards!! bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower:-)

      Delete
  9. This is really cool! Now to hide some delicious candies or fun presents in each drawer! I was already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome Karon!!! WOW great calendar...decorated beautifully!! TFS and have a GREAT Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! I LOVE this calendar!!!! You put so much time and thought into it and it turned out GREAT!!!! I love your work Karon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW, Karon, this is fabulous!! I absolutely love it!! You did such an amazing job...it's decorated so beautifully!! What a gorgeous project!! Enjoy your Saturday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - thanks so much - you too Lisa!

      Delete
  13. I love how your advent calendar turned out. I'm glad you figured out an alternative way to make the little cupboard fronts. Very clever. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration Brenda - appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Very clever, Karon! This is super cute and I'm a big fan of the Advent celebration. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Karon this is extraordinary and awesome!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had one for Michael!!!! I am going to try and make this!!! You did truly amazing decorating it , it is beyond beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi - I'm glad you like it. It was actually really easy to put together. Brenda's tutorial is awesome:-) Thank you so much my friend:-)

      Delete
  16. Wow Karon! Your calendar is amazing and how creative to use the Cricut instead of a punch. I think that would be a huge timesaver! I am a follower :) Your blog candy looks wonderful! Hint, hint. Pick me. Ha, ha. Good luck to everyone!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy:-) I really did enjoy putting this together.

      Delete
  17. i love your advent calendar. That a lot of work you put into it! Since i hop along blogs to find new friends and blogs to follow, and this is your first blog hop, guess what...i am your newest follower. Thanks for sharing and taking part in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh I adore this fabulous Chirstmas advent Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my this is fabulous! I really like the font you used and the images on the top, and the little boxes tou made look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a very talented and patient crafter. The is wonderful.

    kdnkdd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and the lovely comment.

      Delete
  21. WOW, you are seriously the Queen of the Cricut. I am amazed at the stuff you can do with that program.
    Your advent calendar turned out amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon, I love your calendar. It is beautiful. I love the way the drawers open. They can't fall out or get lost. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, stunning project!!! Came out beautiful!!! LOVE all the attention to detail--WOW!!! Thanks for playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge this month!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! this is another fantastic project, WOW! i know you put a lot of time on this amazing project!! I've always admired these but don't want to put the time on making one LOL!! Love it, TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma thank you so much - am really pleased with it:-)

      Delete
  25. Wow Karon, this is sensational! Gorgeous colors and I love the font of the numbers you chose and the sleigh is FABULOUS!
    Great job Karon!
    Hope you have a nice evening!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Shelly - thank you so much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Karon,Just saw this on Sunday Funday and had to stop by and tell you how Wonderful and Beautiful this is...Love!Love!Love!
    Have a wonderful Tuesday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Migdalia - glad you like it :-)

      Delete
  28. WOW LOVE IT.I have to give this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow this is amazing!!!!!!!! Now I want this cartridge hehehehe! Thank you for joining us at V's Sweet Challenge!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my Karon! This is just amazing! What a great Holiday project!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...