Friday, 30 November 2012

My daughter turned 14 - now I feel old!

Hi every peeps.  It's time for another weeks challenge at Polka Doodles.  This week (#48) you are requested to follow a sketch. You have until Sunday 9th December, so thats 10 days to get creating.

Here is the sketch you will need to follow for this weeks challenge.


Shannon had her 14th Birthday yesterday and boy do I feel old.  Where has my little baby gone :-(  They grow up too quick don't they.

So here is what I came up with this week.


I used the Studio 12 CD - Picknix collection 1 - All Sewn Up for the main polka dot layers, the frame and the taylor's dummy.  Also for the "You are sew sweet" sentiment and layer.  

I have started to learn how to merge images by just using Word - I'm fascinated by this new technique LOL!  I also found that you can change the colour of things and use different shadows - its really fun experimenting.  You have all probably known about this for ages, but I only found out you could do this the last few weeks!

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the dark background with a folder from the Once Upon a Princess set.  I love the roses.


I used a little bit of wired yellow ribbon to make the form of the dress and then added a little bit of purple ribbon for the tie in the middle.

Here's the inside to finish off the card.  I used a flower stamp from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls that I bought a long time ago.


So get creating my crafty friends, use the sketch and go on, what have you got to loose, you might even win a lovely prize.  Head on over to Polka Doodles and please remember that you can only enter 10 challenges including Polka Doodles, thanks.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karon, I love the dress and fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon this is gorgeous I love the dress and the colours and design are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries... mothers don't age with their children! ;) Karon, this is beautiful! The dress is exquisite and I love the color palette you chose. Purple and yellow are just so cheerful. The embossing is lovely and I always adore a punny card. :o) Inside and out, this card is delightful. Beautifully done! I hope you had a wonderful celebration! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful birthday card!!! LOVE the colors and great take on the sketch!!
    TFS and have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Karon~ perfect take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your daughter! I love the card and the beautiful way you created a little dress, very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karon,

    Sorry you have been trying to contact me but the email address on the blog is the wrong one I have emailed you twice today....please email me at suzetteedmond@yahoo.co.uk to claim your prize.

    Sorry for the mix up

    Many thanks
    Suzette

    Happy Birthday to your Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress - how sweet is that! Adorable card and, just to make you feel better, my son is 34. :)
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your daughter!! Wow, this is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful dress!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card creation, Karon! Happy B-Day to your baby girl :):):) "Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art." ~Stanislaw Lec
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. Wasn't too sure about it, but my daughter loved it and oen of her favorite colours is purple:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a glorious card, Karon. Perfect. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow...what a fabulous card! I am loving all the purple and the dress is just darling! Happy Birthday to your daughter - and just so you know - you are a long ways from old! My "baby" turns 30 years old in February (talk about old)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    Yes, sadly they grow up to fast.
    Your card is stunning. I love the dimension to the dress form

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous and Fun Card!!Love!Love!Love!
    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card! You will feel older when your daughter turns 34 like mine does this month! Wow! I'm in shock! Happy birthday to both your daughter and you!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...