Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Not a Digital Stamp!

Ok Ok!!!  I know it's not a gift box!  I promise that will come later in the week.  I just couldn't resist doing a little bit of colouring today.

This will be my first ever proper coloured stamped image - not a digital stamp!

I used Momento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the image.  It is a Crafter's Companion stamp called Flower Fairies Friends - Candy Tuft.


I used my Spectrum Noir pens to colour the image, and this time I remembered to keep a record.  So here goes:

Face/Skin           FS2/TN2 and a little FS6 for the cheeks
Stems                 CG1/DG2/DG4
White flower       just little bits of DG2 and CT4
Pink flower         
and fairy             PP3/PP5/DR3
Hair                   EB1/GB8


I really enjoyed colouring this.  For the hair I tried to use the lines of the curls to add colour - I think I did it alright.

I stippled the white background with a little blue ink.


I popped up the fairy and added the Make a Wish ribbon.  Did you notice that there's no bow - hubby said it didn't need it - what do you think? :-)

The inside of the card has a butterfly stamp from a set by Recollections.


I just couldn't resist posting this up, normally I would have waited until later in the week but I wanted to share it with you all.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #6: Anything Goes (closes 9 Nov)

Songbird Challenges - Challenge #7: Could it be Magic (closes 9 Nov)

Flutter by Wednesdays -  Challenge #212: Anything Goes (closes 6 Nov)

DL ART - Thankful Thursday: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

V's Sweet Challenge Blog - Challenge #5: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Unique Crafters Challenge Blog - November Challenge: Sugar and Spice (closes 30 Nov)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #241: Fairies and Angels (closes 7 Nov)

Forever Friends - November Monthly Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 5 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

50 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card I love the fairy and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline - thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. this is beautiful! love the image and you colored it so well :)
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I think I have this same stamp!!! I will have to bring up your page and go copy how you colored it when I decide to do it, hahahaha... so wishing I knew how to color and can't phathom for the life of me how you caught on so fast, you did spectacular!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Naomi - thank you so much - I am loving these pens.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful card,love the image and perfectly coloured..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon, it's fabulous! Great card and great image!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon this turned out really pretty! And your colouring is just awesome.. Are you enjoying those pens? Enjoy your lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirl, thank you and yes I am really loving them:-)

      Delete
  7. You have to be extremely pleased with how this image turned out! She's so beautiful and your skills using the markers have really come along nicely. I guess I'll have to forgive your delay in posting the box... Easy to do with such nice eye candy this morning. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie - thank you so much - I have to admit am really pleased with this one:-) Box is coming!

      Delete
  8. Karon, this turned out so pretty. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL AND THE COLORING IS FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous card, Karon!! The coloring is spectacular!! You did a fabulous job!! I absolutely love the sweet image and you brought it to life in color!! Beautiful, beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa - I really appreciate the lovely comments you leave:-)

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous stamp and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon this is gorgeous, fabulous image, thanks for joining us at Flutterby. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  14. This is SO pretty!! LOVE your coloring--it's FABULOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge this month!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  15. Your card is so precious.
    I think it would look great with or without the bow.
    So cute...love that stamp. I love fairies :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely image Karon! And your coloring is just beautiful...so soft and delicate. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! lovely card and terrific job on your first coloring stamped image! The image is so beautiful, well done!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma - thank you so very much.

      Delete
  18. This is so pretty Karon , she is my fav fairy .Thank you so much for joining us for “Could it Be Magic” at
    The Songbird Challenge and GOOD LUCK .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Elaine - appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  19. Great coloring Karon! This card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card.love the sweet image.Fab coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and stamp! I love your coloring and card design!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, this image is just adorable and I love your coloring.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card and amazing coloring! Thank you for joining us this month at Unique Crafters!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! This is stunning! I LOVE how you shaded her wings in a beautiful pink too! Thank you for joining us at V's Sweet Challenge!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty fairy card!! Lovely colouring...

    Thanks for joining FOREVER FRIENDS MONTHLY CHALLENGE- anything goes

    Hugs Blankina FF DT

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...