Thursday, 1 November 2012

Purple Christmas!

Another month disappears and we are getting closer to the Big Man's visit.  Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet!  I haven't even started yet and I'm usually really organised but there's still plenty of time, right!

Spark Your Creativity Challenge #3, starts today at Pin and Tack.  Once again its Anything Goes, so its time to get those creative juices flowing and take part.  It will run from the 1st November to the 30th November, so go on invade your craft rooms and get creating.


Our sponsor for the month is Pin and Tack Hand Crafted Designs with a prize of a Micro Clothes Pin Banner Kit.

Enter as many times as you like - so off you go.

Here is my little bit of purple inspiration.  Once again, the image is from Angelique's blog, Sliekje's Digi Stamps, such a generous lady as all her digi's are free and awesome.  My image was coloured using my Spectrum Noir pens.


My cream card base is a 6" by 4" pre-folded card stock from my stash.

The purple layer is embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Snowflakes folder - its the only Christmas embossing folder I have!

The striped paper is from a 6" by 6" stack by Recollections called The Bright and Basic Pad, its not a Christmas stack but the colours and the stripes worked well.

The decorative layer was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 47 Shape 8 cut at 3.75" and the Shape 8 Decorative Layer cut at 3.5".

I inked my image and the decorative layer with Studio G purple ink.


The little sentiment layer is Shape 8 again, cut at 1.25" and 1".  

The sentiment stamp and the bauble stamp on the inside of the card, are from my age old Christmas stamps and I'm sorry they aren't labelled with a company.


And under the sentiment, of course, a little ribbon.  The image layer and the sentiment layer were placed on pop dots to give it a little more depth.


I hope this has given you a little inspiration.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Christmas Card Challenges - Challenge #48: Pop it Up (closes 3 Nov)

Just Keep on Creating - Christmas is Around the Corner (closes 30 Nov)

One Stitch at a Time Challenge - Challenge #137: Make 1 for Christmas (closes 3 Nov)

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #89: Anything Goes (closes 5 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

42 comments:

  1. Fabulous card the colours are so rich and I love the image. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karon!!! Wow!!! This is amazing!! I LOVE all the purple!!! Your coloring is amazing!!! What a cute stamp!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - appreciate the encouragement:-)

      Delete
  3. what an adorable card Karon! Love the image!!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this gorgeous card,fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon I love this card! I came flying in here when I seen the title of your post as purple is my favorite color... I have always wanted to use it for Christmas but wasn't brave enough , you now have inspired me!!!! What a cute image, hehe.. your coloring is amazing. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, it is so awesome getting to slowly know you as well... have a fantastic day.. PURPLE RULES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi - hee hee! Purple is my fav too! Not too happy with the bauble and the blending, but its OK:-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card.love the frame for the cute colored image.Need to start on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! The color is gorgeous!! The image is adorable and you colored it perfectly!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa:-) Hope you had a good day.

      Delete
  8. Oh! I love that purple Christmas card! Who would have thought to use it! And the image is adorable!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finished?!?!?! I haven't even started shopping yet!!! Your card is so cute, I like the purple and your coloring looks fabulous! Thanks for the kind comment you left me today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Missy - thanks so much and your welcome.

      Delete
  10. Karon, this is sooooo adorable!! Thanks so much for sweet comment today.


    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon, this is so pretty.I love the way you colored the decoration. Gorgeous shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Stephanie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an adorable card.
    I have a couple little gifts, not because I had planned it, but because I just happen to see something they would like.
    Don't usually shop until sometime in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - we normally have a lot of little stuff ready, but I have nothing yet. Hubby and I will have to have a Christmas shopping day:-)

      Delete
  14. Totally fabulous! Oh my...those shades of purple are just amazing and your coloring just leaves me hoping that one day I can achieve such wonderful blending! Love, love. love this- but don't remind me how close it is to Christmas...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My thanks Tanya - I wasn't to happy with the bauble blending but I guess it doesn't look too bad:-)

      Delete
  15. This is such a cute card! I am enjoying purple as a christmas colour this year.
    Not long till the season now! Hope you are well Karon :)
    Hatty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous purple Christmas card Karon!!! I have a gold and purple Christmas tree that is my favorite of our 3 trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori - thanks I love purple:-)

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love the purple! THanks for joining us at Die Cuttin DIvas.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  18. Beautiful image and fab colours :o) Thanks for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a Fabulous card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous, Karon. I love the embossing and you did a great job of coloring the image.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute image, Sleikje is so very generous to us all isn't she. The colours are very rich and the shading on your bauble is amazing.

    Many thanks for joining in with our Make 1 For Christmas challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  22. Loving the purple! :) I second Mandy's comment about the shading on the bauble.. it's incredible! It really looks round and 3D! :)

    Thanks for joining in our "Make 1 for Christmas" challenge at OSAAT this week.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW ! thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...