Tuesday, 11 December 2012

It's raining men!

OK, its not men but it is raining snowmen.  Or should that be snowing snowmen LOL!

We had a pretty hectic weekend, Shannon is in a local community choir and they had two concerts this weekend.  Final dress rehearsal on Saturday midday, then the concert in the evening.  Then Sunday, they had their afternoon performance.  This Wednesday they have their final one, where they go to a local old peoples home and give a Christmas concert.  So busy busy busy :-)

Last night we had some more snow - not much, but then this morning came the freezing rain - it was pretty messy out there on the roads, so as soon as I had done my errands I went into my craft room.

I realised I haven't made many snowmen cards and so I thought I would make a few to share with you before Christmas.

Now, technically this is a snow lady but I intend the next few cards to include snow people on them!


The image is from the Polka Doodles CD Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  I used my Spectrum Noir pens to colour her in; non-traditional colours but its my favourite colour.   Her clothes are meant to look a little washed out.


The snow flakes are from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 35) cut at 1.25" and 0.75".  I added a little bit of tulle, to give it a feminine touch.


The Cuttlebug was used to emboss the bottom layer, using the Divine Swirls folder.  Also added a rub-on sentiment before embossing - did you know you can use the Cuttlebug to add these, without having to use the stick.  It makes them so much easy to work with.

The inside of the card was also embossed and the snowman stamp is from a Recollections Christmas stamp set.


I am slowly getting my Christmas shopping done, I am way behind this year and no doubt I will be wrapping Christmas presents on Christmas Eve.

Hope you all have a fabulous creative week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Fantastic card I love the adorable image and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,love the image...fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute Karon......Of course its a "Snow lady" all dressed in pretty pink and purple. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! The snow lady is adorable!! And I love the tulle with the snowflake!! Beautiful card, Karon!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super adorable! Great colors and adorable image!!
    TFS and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coloring Karon! And the snow lady is pretty!
    Gorgeous over all on your card....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious Karon! I love your snowlady! The tulle is just a perfect touch and I should not tell you it is 75 in Southern California!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your snow lady and I think the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling digi and I love your tulle bow.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use to wrap presents for my grandma on Christmas Eve. It is one of my fondest memories (we'd often be wrapping our own boxes!). Maybe it's not a bad thing for you to do the same considering all you have accomplished this Christmas season? Keep up the creativity. It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable little snow lady! Love the fun colors and all the wonderful layers on your card - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, Karon! Love those colors and of course I really love that tulle! It's perfect for this card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. A darling little Snowman!!Fabulous,lovely colors!You did a Wonderful job on this adorable card!
    Have a wonderful Tuesday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is very pretty Karon! love the color of you snow lady!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so very much - Arin LOL! -11c(12f) here today just a tad chilly:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's such a sweet and stylish snowlady. Terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cute but now I can't get that song out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your cards, they are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so cute, Love the snow-woman and how you coloured her.
    I think I wrap gifts every Christmas eve...isn't that the norm, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Karon, it is always such a delight to see your work! Your snowlady is adorable and I love every part of her. The purple is so pretty and I love the tulle and snowflake combination. The embossed background is gorgeous in that lovely blue. :o) Another lovely creation! (and how lovely about the choir concerts!) :o) I hope you have a beautiful day!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOvely creations and so glad to follow u here!

    Sathya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great snow "lady" card Karon! As always, your coloring is so pretty.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! such a cute "Snow Lady" love her and I also realized that I haven't made any snowmen cards, not that I remember any way LOL!! It sure sounds like you were busy with Shannon's concerts. Well my friend thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comment:) Stay warm and have some hot cocoa for me:) Have a wonderful evening!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. So wonderful - love the embossed background and the tulle bow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cutie pink and purple snowman!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    soniasv@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...