Friday, 7 December 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

Hi there everyone - hope you are all having a good week.

My two girls helped me decorate the tree earlier in the week.  I'm usually quite anal about where to place things and I usually do it by myself.  However, this year I decided that maybe we should do it together and we had a fab time and they did a really good job - and I didn't move one decoration :-)


I decided it was about time I played around with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Christina at Flowers Ribbon's and Pearls uses the Spectrum Noir markers and has some great tutorials.  She did one recently on using the Ice Greys; IG1, IG2, IG4 and IG6, and I decided to give it a go.  Click here for the tutorial.

However, I used the greys for the background in my image and then decided to colour the tree; doesn't it pop!


My image is from the Polka Doodles CD Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  There are some really fabulous images and so many embellishments and papers and sentiments on this CD - its awesome. 

The sentiment ticket is also from the same CD.  I inked the edges of the white layers with an olive green colour.


For the tree I used the Spectrum Noir markers CG2, DG3 JG6 for the greens, and then used CR10 and CR11 for the red, and CT3 and CT4 for the yellow.

I used the Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots folder for the embossed layer.  Added a little red ribbon to pick up on the baubles in the tree.

Actually, I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and really enjoyed colouring it.


Here's the inside just to finish it off.


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge : PWC235 - Christmas Inspired (closes 11 Dec)

Paper Playtime : Challenge #90 - Christmas Colours (closes 13 Dec)

DL. ART - Thankful Thursday - Anything Goes (closes 31 Dec)

Avadares Challenge #6 - Anything with a Digi (closes 27 Dec)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #6 - Christmas theme (closes 31 Dec)

Every Day is an Occasion - Sunday Funday (closes 31 Dec)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Challenge: It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas (closes 14 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. Hello Karon~
    Your tree looks amazing, your daughters really did a great job putting it together...And so is your card, fantastic job on colouring and it so very pretty... TFS~ enjoy your Friday and crafty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and the colouring is fantastic ... you did a really good job and the card would grace anybodies mantle shelf.... Thank you for the link back to my tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card I love the christmas tree fabulous design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Christmas tree and such an adorable Christmas card!!!
    LOVE your coloring!!
    TFS and happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both trees are brilliant! Happy Holidays Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Karon. I love the layered die cuts. Blessing hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again to say thanks for sharing it at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my it is beautiful- both the tree and the card. Keep it up. I'm hearing sleigh bells and snowfall (which is a fantasy brought on by your Christmas inspiration here in sunny Arizona).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karon, I really like how your garland goes up and down. Your card is beautiful so traditional and great job on the coloring have a great weekend
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES December Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Karon! You and the girls did a beautiful job on your tree!!! I love your card, it is beautiful!!!

    I was browsing some of your projects on my reader and you've really been busy making such gorgeous projects!

    Thank you so much for staying in touch and I've really missed you too, my friend!

    Gotta lot of rounds to make but I'll be back again as soon as I can!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so beautiful, Karon. Love your tree. I shamefully admit we haven't yet put up ours. Hopefully this weekend we'll get our act together. Your card is very pretty and the colouring is fab. TFS. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Card..such a gorgeous image and colours.Love your tree.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your trees are gorgeous!! Your Christmas tree looks so beautiful all decorated!! And the tree on your card does just pop off the page!! Fabulous card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your daughters did fabulous with the tree. A wonderful memory to treasure, decorating together! I love your card and the colored tree really does pop on that grey background. Just beautiful!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tree. Lovely card, too. Love the colored tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW everyone - thank you all so much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Love the contrast of the greys with the colorful tree. Have a great holiday.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgoeus Card & Beautiful Tree!!!
    Have a Fabulous weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Karon:) I hope your week went well. LOL! I'm the same way about decorating the tree and sometimes I do move the ornaments when my son isn't looking LOL!! They did fantastic job decorating:) OK now for your card, OMG! the coloring is fantastic and I can see the shading on the side just fantastic!! I also like the use of the embossing with the polka dots add a winter snowy feel:) Thank you so much for visiting today my friend and have a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is beautiful. Love how the tree pops and amazing colouring. Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Christmas card! Such a gorgeous tree:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday Challenge!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Christmas tree (both yours and the card!). I am loving to see your success with your Spectrum Pens! I just got mine and am having some troubles with them. Glad to see it's me and not the pens!! Lol.

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    www.createbyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous tree on the black and white background. So glad you shared at Little Scrap Pieces this week.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karon, I will have to check her out. I have been getting the marks set by set at AC Moore with a coupon every week. Almost have them all. Love the background stamp and the tag in the corner a classic beauty. Thank you so much for joining the LSP challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all so much for the fabulous comments - makes my day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow beautiful tree and card!!! I love the embossing and the coloring of just the tree! thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Christmas tree! Nice embossing and the ticket is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw your beautiful card on DL Art's blog and love it! The contrast of the colored tree with the black and white background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a pretty card.
    I like that your added colour to the tree, so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh Karon, your Christmas tree AND card are both gorgeous! :o) How beautiful this image pops against the neutral background.. just like Christmas trees brighten even the darkest of days. :o) You colored it so beautifully and I love the ribbon work. What a stunning creation! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card and the ticket makes it all the more fun!!! (: Thanks for playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...