Saturday, 22 December 2012

On the First day of Christmas!

OK, OK I know it's technically not the first day of Christmas, but we are only 3 more sleeps away.  I am not posting a card on Christmas Day!

I can proudly say that I have officially finished my Christmas shopping and its all wrapped!!  I spent yesterday morning, whilst the girls were on their last day of school, having a wrapping frenzy!! But I am done - Yay me!

I had every intention of doing all the 12 days of Christmas of these images from Dearie Dolls but I ran out of time.  I will make it my project for next year.

"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,  a partridge in a pear tree."


Now I have to say, and please don't be offended, but if my true love gave me a partridge in a pear tree for Christmas, I would probably tell him where to put said tree LOL! 

I do love this image though, I think I have to start adding some sparkle to my cards, maybe next year.


I really love using my Spectrum Noir markers and intend to get the remainder of the all the colours in the new year sometime.  I have the first 72 and then there are 168 in total.


I really didn't feel the need for a sentiment, as the quote says it all, but there is a room to put a Merry Christmas at the top there, maybe I will.

I popped up the image and added a little ribbon and here is the inside to finish off.


I really love that little snowman on the inside, he is from a Recollections Christmas stamp set.

So nearly there, the girls finished school yesterday and we might take them to the cinema today to see The Hobbit.  I truly don't see how they can make three films from such a little book, but it has been given rave reviews.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Digital Tuesday Challenge - Challenge #191: Layers (closes 6 Jan)

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas - Challenge #104: Anything Goes for Christmas (closes 28 Dec)

Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - Recipe Challenge: Use a border (closes 29 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

17 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card!!! I can't believe you are all done!! LOL I still have wrapping to do and Kevin and I will be out EARLY this morning.. I need to get him a little something. That's it though. I need to wrap. I'll be working on that today!! Enjoy the rest of the few days :) I hope you have such a WONDERFUL Christmas!!! I have been so blessed to have met you through the blogs. I look forward to another great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a CUTE card! LOVE the image!!!!
    Merry Christmas and hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Karon. I'm with you on the gifting of tree / bird! Have a safe and blessed Christmas. Put your feet up and rest a little. Sounds like you've earned it!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!! I agree with you about the pear tree gift :) What an absolutely adorable card!! The image is too cute!! I love all the happy animals!! I hope you and your family have a very happy holiday season my friend!! Merry Christmas :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable image and a super card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 104 - hope to see you again. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another adorable card.
    I don't think I would be to happy if hubby gave me that either..unless it was a pear shaped diamond, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone - and yep a pear shaped diamond would be nice Tracy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layered card.love the snowman with all the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so cute and I agree- Merry Christmas would fit nicely up in that corner. I am glad to hear you finished and are wrapped. We finished today, but not too hectic a pace that only an hour later all is wrapped and we're ready to go too. We might take the kiddos to the Hobbit too! A blessed Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha... Pear tree maybe, partridge no thanks :):):) Your card's adorable!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone - hope you all had a fab Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! You make me giggle, Karon! :o) This card is so adorable and I love that you'll aim to do the entire set next year! The animals are so sweet and I love the papers you used. This surely drew a smile (or a hundred smiles) from the recipient! Snowman scenes are always innately precious and I hope to use some this winter. I love your ribbon placement! Your cards are always a joy, my friend. I'm glad you got your wrapping done before the big day!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is adorable! I love the layout. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. TOO CUTE!!! Great papers!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Recipe Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again for our NEWEST challenge.
    Happy New Year – we look forward to seeing you in 2013!!
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe - Karon this is too precious! As a fellow snowman lover this one steels my heart away. Hugs and Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...