Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Quickie Christmas cards!

Hi everyone!  My apologies, it's been so hectic round here this last weekend.

Hubby and I managed to get some Christmas shopping done on Saturday, well a start anyways!

Then Shannon, my eldest had Tae Kwan Do testing on Sunday - she is now the proud owner of a blue belt (her sister Emily got hers earlier in the year, whilst Shannon was recovering from a knee operation). 

Then Shannon and I were babysitting for a friends 3 year old and 1 year old - phew!  Where do those little ones get the energy from, they didn't stop all afternoon.

So, that being said, I really didn't get much time to craft.  I still had some overseas cards to make and the posting deadline was yesterday.  

Into the craft room I went yesterday morning and this is what I came up with.  There are a couple more, but I'll post those later in the week :-)


Again very similar cards, slightly different blue colours but very quick, flat and great for posting.

My card bases are 5.5" by 4.25" Kraft card stock.

The snowflakes are from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 35), cut at 1.25", 1" and 0.75" out of pearlescent paper.

The sentiment is from an old stamp set.  I stamped and glued on the snowflakes, then I ran that through the Cuttlebug and the folder Swiss Dots. 


The next card is very similar, just different papers.  I also embossed the third layer with the Cuttlebug and the Snowflakes folder, as well as the top layer with the Swiss Dots.


The inside of the card was made the same for both.


Come back later in the week for another couple of lightweight cards.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Challenge #140: Snow (closes 9 Dec)

Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #91: Christmas - No red or green (closes 9 Dec)

{PIN}spirational Challenges - Challenge #36 (closes 10 Dec)
 

Songbird Challenges - Challenge #9: Deeper Shade of Blue (closes 7 Dec)

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #79: Christmas (closes 8 Dec)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday Linky Party - Anything Goes (closes 31 Dec)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #245: Snowflakes (closes 5 Dec)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #8: Anything Goes (closes 7 Dec)

Eclectic Ellapu - Week 8: Santa Paws and/or Snowflakes (closes 8 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

39 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card love the design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards,lovely designs and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards! Simplicity goes along ways, they are beautiful!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Karon!! The embossing is fabulous!! Beautiful colors!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon these are beautiful!! I think my favorite cards at Christmas and during winter are blue and white!! And I LOVE these!! Love the embossing and that snowflakes are so perfecT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful Karon! love the embossed 'snowy' background!
    enjoy your Tuesday!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Karon~ yep, this is my type of CAS cards right now.
    TFS - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and simple, yet so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very winter themed card very nice,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this are so gorgeous.love all the layers of embossing and the striking blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are beautiful!! CAS and perfect for the holidays!!
    TFS and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are gorgeous,Karen! Love the embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty card, I like all the embossing.
    And perfect for mailing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous! LOVE the embedded embossing--the shimmery paper looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, I love the layering.
    Thank you for sharing at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are "simply" beautiful. Love the clean lines. Perfect just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hectic around here too! Love this snowflake card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my - look at all these fabulous comments - you are all amazing, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, I like the embossing and the shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! I love blue and snowflakes for holiday cards. Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards, Karen! Hope you're day was good.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to your daughter, that's awesome! Your cards are beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the simplicity of your cards....perfect design for making lots. My favourite colour combo and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these gorgeous cards the simplicity is so stunning .
    Thanks for sharing them with us at songbirds challenges.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty. I love the blue and the CAS look
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES December Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards, Karon. Love the colours and the simplicity. Gosh...I need to make more mail-able cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What beautiful cards! I love the texture you have by embossing them. Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges! - Athina

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is gorgeous thank you for playing along us at electic ellapu with my challenge theme this week and good luck
    Jacki xx (ellectic DT) http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. My talented friend, I was bogged down with a deadline all week and couldn't squeeze in any Blogger time... I am so sorry to be behind yet again. I am hoping things calm down soon, as it breaks my heart to be delayed in leaving bloggie love for my inspiring friends. I will be back Sunday to catch up, but simply needed to stop in before I flutter off to sleep tonight. These snowflake cards are gorgeous, Karon! The embossing stands out so beautifully, as do all of the lovely snowflakes. Quickie cards can often times seem harder to do, but you do all types so wonderfully. :o) These will be enjoyed and treasured by their recipients! :o) (And congratulations to your eldest!) Have a beautiful weekend, Karon!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a fantastic CAS card, I love it, I think I'm gonna case it LOL Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for entering your stunning creation in our Christmas Challenge at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh thanks for the lovely comments and Karen thanks for your or so sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful embossing and I love the shine of your snowflakes, really pretty! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas (no red or green)" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very nice CAS cards! The embossing looks like falling snow!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...