Saturday, 15 December 2012

Snow where to go!

Here we are half way through the month.  This is my last post for Pin and Tack as a DT member.  I have decided to step down at the end of my DT term (which was September to December), as I am getting really busy with other commitments and I would like to give the commitments I still have, my 100%.  Thank you Corrinne for letting me be part of your wonderful team.

Spark Your Creativity Challenge #4 is well under way and I know you are all busy getting ready for the holiday season.  However, I'm sure you all still managing to sneak in a little craft time - I certainly am :-)

Here is my little bit of half way inspiration for you.  My snowman is a digital image from the Polka Doodles CD Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  I love this CD.


For this card I didn't want to over colour  my snowman in bright colours, as he is meant to look a bit tatty - so I used browns for his jacket to make him look a little worn out.


The Cuttlebug was used to emboss the lower layer with the Snow Flakes folder and also added some of those lovely snow flakes from the Winter Woodland cartridge (page 35).  The sentiment is from the Recollections Christmas stamp set and I stamped this before running the layer through the Cuttlebug.


I popped him up using some pop dots to add a little bit of dimension to the card.

The inside is the same as the one from earlier in the week.  I really like this snowman and he is from the same stamp set as the sentiment.


So, come on, one more challenge before you get swallowed up in the Christmas celebrations.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Red Carpet Studio - Challenge #14: Frosty the Snowman (closes 15 Dec)

Lia Stampz - Challenge #31: Winter Holidays (closes 31 Dec)

Cardz TV - DT Challenge #21: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas (closes 20 Dec)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun  Friday Challenge: Holiday (closes 21 Dec)

Have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Fabulous christmas card the snowman is adorable. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Karon this is so cute!!! I love snowmen! Love the brown jacket on him. Great punch of color with the blues.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy, he must be all tuckered out. I love him. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! Such a cute snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute-- I love that you decorated the inside of the card too! Great fun! Thank you so much for creating with us at CardzTV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rich colored card! Thanks for playing along with the Cardztv Design Team.

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloring as always Karon... Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz Winter Holiday Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww another cute card.
    I love that you coloured him up a bit tattered, perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This gorgeous, Karon. The colour is super vibrant.
    So sorry I have been behind on my blog visitations. Our fur-baby Rosie is seriously ill and I'm making her my priority now. I appreciate your comments and kind words on my blog. And, Karon, thank you so much for your support.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and the snowman is soooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon, know what you mean having a hard time keep up myself...love the colors and your adorable snowman and the inside of the card is a wonderful as the outside. thanks so much for joining the CTVS challenge and the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. I need to work more with my markers. You did a great job using yours.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great snowman! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, I like all that embossing in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, so cute! Love the snowman and beautiful embossing!~
    Thanks for joining us at LSP!!
    DT Member
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, Karon!! You colored the snowman perfectly!! He looks adorably tattered!! The embossing is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us at LSP :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Little Scrap Pieces DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon, what an amazing project! I love the "tatty" snowman, he is adorable and that embossing folder is on of my faves! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cradz TV Stamps. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cute snowman card. TFS.
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, your cards always make me smile! :o) This snowman is adorable and you've colored him so beautifully. The embossing is stunning and I love how you added some snowflakes to the image base. :o) I also love how often you use image stamps on the interior for added sweetness... I don't do that nearly enough! Beautiful work as always, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This snowman card is adorable! I love the snowflakes embossed on blue! And the snowman is very cute too!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...