Saturday, 1 December 2012

Spring will soon be here!

Hi all my crafty buddies!  Hope you have all had a fabulous week.

Its the start of this months Spark Your Creativity challenge #4, at Pin and Tack. It will run from the 1st December and end on the 31st December, its Anything Goes, so get creating.

 

Our Sponsor for the month is Pin and Tack Hand Crafted Designs, with a prize of a Micro Clothes Pin Banner Kit.

OK you must think I'm mad, Spring!  Well it makes me feel warm, as this week saw the arrival of our first snows and the colder temperatures have begun.  So, I figured a lovely bright card would be nice to cheer you all up (well it made me smile!).

I actually made this a couple of weeks a go for a bloggy friend who celebrated her birthday.  I hope she got it OK and liked it.


The image is from Angelique's website Sliekje Digi Stamps, I love her digi's and she is so generous because they are all free.

I used my Spectrum Noir pens to colour the image.


Although you can't see it very well in the photo, I speckled some blue ink in the white of the image, just to take away the harshness of the white. Also finished off the bottom with a little green ink for the grass.


The paper layers are from the DCWV stack called Blossoms and Butterflies.  A lovely pink double bow on a corner angle to finish of the front.

The sentiment is from When the Scrap Hits the Fun, I popped up the sentiment and the image layer to add a little depth.

And the inside, which has a rose stamp in the two corners, from my old stash from the UK.


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card the image and layout are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous...fabulous image and Lovely details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card....she is one of my favorite digi artists, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Karon. She's colored so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous, Karon!! I love that sweet image!! Your coloring is so beautiful!! What an awesome card and I'm sure whoever received it absoluely loved it!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karon! I love, love, love your card... It's really adorable.

    Hugs,
    Lisa
    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so bright and cheery! Love the image, as well as your coloring. And the inside butterfly paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon! This is so beautiful! The colors are amazing! Great card! I really, really love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Great image and love all the papers on this! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, your card is so bright and beautiful! The cheery colors and sweet image warm my heart, as I'm sure it did to the very blessed recipient. :o) Your coloring is superb and I just adore the whimsical papers you chose. Marvelous creation! I hope you're having a beautiful weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - once again you make me smile with all your wonderful comments, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super sweet card, Karon! I love the happy colors, flowers, and butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! TFS.
    Just wanted to let you know even if I don't have time to comment on each post I appreciate you sharing your talents with us.
    D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an Adorable Card!Very Sweet!Darling image.
    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable, so bright and cheery---and a nice change from all the Christmas stuff!!! (Not that I don't enjoy the Christmas stuff, but it's nice to see something fresh!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Karon!! Sorry I've been so bad at making comments the past week. I'm REALLY stressed out.. had a really hard time getting the card I posted today done LOL ughhh... You will be the first post! I'll let you know as soon as I do. I'm so anxious.. nervous.. sick to my stomach LOL I have to wake him up at 6 am his time in Sydney... It will be 2 pm here. I don't know how long he will be there.. some time I'm guessing. *hugs* Say a little prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's done!!! He wasn't there but a couple of hours.. we have our answer.. YES!!! He should have his Visa in about a week!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for everything Karon.. You are such a blessing *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet card, Karon. Gorgeous details and the paper is lovely. The image is beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing. xxxhugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe...that is such a cute stamp. I'm sure your friend loved it! Beautiful card :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Karon this image is just adorable and so nicely colored! Lovely card:) Have a great evening
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow lovely card,so cute lil girl beautifully coloured and love the ribbon and papers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha, ha I can't think of Spring right now. We haven't had winter yet! LOL Love this adorable card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...