Monday, 31 December 2012

Wedded Bliss on New Years Eve!

Hi everyone, I thought it was about time I returned to the crafting and blogging world.  I hope you all had the most fabulous Christmas.  Ours was quiet, as it's only us and the girls, we had a wonderful day - but I'm thinking ahead (quite a few years!) that I will eventually have a house full of family and grand kids and then I will be enjoying Christmas all over again.

I have a quick card to share with you today.  Andy's godson, Martin is getting married today (he recently emigrated to America to be with his American fiancee, Terri), yep New Years Eve and I made this card for them.


The patterned paper and the toppers (no colouring from me on this one) are from the new Cherryblossom Lane CD at Polka Doodles.  It really is a fabulous CD, lots of images (coloured and black/white for you to colour), toppers, sentiments, papers so many things for lots of different occasions.


The bottom layer and the lilac frame (made from a scrap piece of paper that had been used with a Spellbinders Nestabilities) were glued together and then both run through the Cuttlebug with the embossing folder from the Once Upon a Princess set.

The topper, the sentiment and edges were inked, and popped up on thin pop dots, as I didn't want to make it to thick for posting.

Added a little bit of ribbon under the sentiment layer and some teeny little bling dots.

The inside is also finished off and I used the Nestabilites Labels Eight to cut the inside sentiment layer.


The sentiment and rose stamp are from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls, that I had bought in the UK many moons ago.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Years Eve - don't forget to make those New Years resolutions!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

23 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Karon,love the image.All the best for the New Year.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful Karon!!! Congrats to the happy couple!!
    Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, Karon! Don't you just love Cherry Blossom Lane?! Have a fabulous New Year and I hope you wish comes true (house full of grandkids!)

    hugs
    ...A...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and isn't it nice to get away from Christmas cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karon!!! It looks like we are both back at the same time!! Your card is beautiful and big congrats to your friends, they will love this card! I love the digital!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2013 to you! Gorgeous card to finish up this past year--love it! So grateful for all the lovely comments you leave me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. And what a lovely way to begin a new year.
    Blessed New Year's,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, congrats to newlyweds!
    Happy New Year - cheers to you and your family!
    Can't wait to see more of your creations in 2013~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karon, I'm so glad to hear to you had a great Christmas. This year was the first year that we've had all our kids here and it was so beautiful to see my grand kids playing together. I could have never imagined how wonderful this new chapter as a grand mother would be. Beautiful card, that image is very cute. Here's to a WONDERFUL 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gorgeous card Karon!! The image is so sweet!! And the design is fabulous!! Congrats to the newlyweds!! I hope you have a safe and joyous New Year's celebration my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon they will LOVE it.
    Wishing you a Safe and HAppy New Year!!!
    Hugs D-
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone - Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so pretty--lovely image and I like the purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karon, you chose the perfect image for this card. Really pretty and they will love it. Happy and healthy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card.
    Such a cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Karon! So lovely to be married on an eventful day like New Year's Eve. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear friend, this is such a sweet and precious wedding card! Lots of hugs to the newlyweds.. what a fun day to start a new journey. :o) This image is adorable and I love the design you created for it. The papers are so pretty and the embossing is gorgeous! It reminds me of when the bride tosses the bouquet. :o) They will treasure this lovely card forever, Karon. Your love blessed them more than ever on their special day. :o) Marvelous creation, as always. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful wedding card - I love the soft colors and beautiful design. Even the inside is gorgeous!

    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely wedding card, Karon! The colors are wonderful & I love the inking.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...